ATPlite™ 1step luminescence assay system
ATPlite™ 1step is an Adenosine TriPhosphate (ATP) monitoring system based on firefly (Photinus pyralis) luciferase. This luminescence assay is the alternative to colorimetric, fluorometric, high content microscopic analysis and radioisotopic assays for the quantitative evaluation of proliferation and cytotoxicity of cultured mammalian cells or 3D spheroids. ATP monitoring can be used to assess the cytocidal, cytostatic and proliferative effects of a wide range of drugs, biological response modifiers and biological compounds.
ATPlite assay systems use patented technologies to measure cell proliferation and cytotoxicity in mammalian cells based on the production of light caused by the reaction of ATP with added luciferase and D-luciferin.
ATPlite™ 1step advantages
- Simple and reproducible: only one reagent addition step, no separation steps (final transfer step may be necessary, depending on the type of plate used for Spheroid growth)
- Suitable for both 96- and 384-well microplates
- Linear correlation between cell number and luminescent signal: up to 50,000 cells per well (96-well plates) or 12,500 cells per well (384-well plates)
- Designed for continuous process systems: measure luminescence 0 - 30 minutes after reagent addition and plate shaking (cultured cells) or pipetting (3D spheroids)
- Homogeneous: no cell harvesting or centrifugation required
- High sensitivity: able to detect down on one cell per well
- Reduced Phenol Red dependency
- High light-output: assay can be used with less sensitive luminescence readers such as multi-label readers
- Fast: no luminescence signal stabilization time required
- Wide linear dynamic range: detect ATP from spheroids made by seeding anywhere from 200 - 5000 cells
- Convenient storage conditions (2 - 8 °C)
- No DTT: Unlike most luciferase asssays, lites products do not contain DTT, eliminating toxic hazards, unpleasant odors and the need for hood work
- Excellent Z' Values: All lites products offer robust, sensitive performance, with high signal-to-background ratios and excellent Z'values
An alternative format of this assay is also available. The ATPlite assay has separate cell lysis and luminescent signal generation steps, providing a more stable signal with half-life of at least 4 hours.
ATPlite 1step kit components
- lyophilized substrate solution
- substrate buffer solution
- lyophilized ATP standard solution
- Instruction booklet
ATPlite 1step 3D kit components
- 1 vial of lyophilized substrate solution
- 1 x 10 mL of substrate buffer solution
- 1 vial of lyophilized ATP standard solution
- 1 x PhenoPlates Spheroid ULA 96-well microplate
- 1 x OptiPlate-96
- 4 x TopSeal-A
- Instruction booklet
Storage: Buffer and vials should be stored at 4°C. Microplates and TopSeal-A can be stored at Room Temperature.
|Experiment type||In vitro|
The PhenoPlates line of microplates have been engineered to deliver both performance and superior images for high-content application
TopSeal™ is a range of press-on adhesive sealing film is specially designed for the rapid and easy sealing of microplates. Apply TopSeal to the top surface of the plate to prevent evaporation or radioactive contamination during assay incubation steps and/or plate reading measurements.