Also classified as an inbred from the production of 20 or more successive brother-sister matings, Balb/c mice are albino and small in size.
LabDiet #5P13 (Trudeau)
- Antibody development
- Cancer research
- Infectious disease
- Color: Albino
- Low alcohol preference
- Low incidence of mammary tumors
- Resistance to atherosclerosis development when fed an atherogenic diet
- High incidence of cardiac calcification, especially in males
- Overall higher incidence of heart defects and spontaneous myocardial lesions of the right ventricle
- Generally good breeding performance, with low incidence of barbering
- Sensitivity to radiation
- Low incidence of ovarian cysts
- Moderate hearing loss usually occurs before one year of age
- Average litter size of 7 pups and weaning occurs at 19 days of age
Please see our terms and conditions of ordering.
If you need any support, advice or additional documentation then don't hesitate to contact us here. We accept orders using the following methods:
Our online catalog and ordering system can be used to search our full menu of available Animal Models. Select your desired animal models and add them to the shopping basket. Your order can be submitted instantly using credit card, telephone ordering or a purchase order number as the preferred payment method.
If you prefer to send us orders outside our online ordering system, please see the Contact Us page for telephone, fax, and email details in order to place an order. We recommend that you use our online system to identify the products you require and their respective product codes. To order offline we will require the following information:
- Product code(s) of the item(s) you wish to order
- Your name, email address, title and organization
- Shipping address and billing address with contact names
- Purchase Order number if you have one
- Telephone number
- VAT Number (European Countries only)
Shipping information for all territories can be found on our Shipping Charges page. This includes Shipping and Handling fees, as well as shipping conditions for each product range.
If you’re having trouble ordering or finding what you’re looking for, or if you require something we don’t yet offer, please contact us.