It is one of the most important adipose-derived hormones, being primarily expressed in adipocytes of white adipose tissue. Loss of function of Leptin creates an uncontrolled appetite leading to severe obesity and abnormal metabolism, making this a useful model for the study of lifestyle diseases, such as obesity, diabetes, atherosclerosis, high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
LabDiet #5R24 (RMH2500)
• Type II diabetes
• HypertensionInsulin resistance
• Lipoprotein/Cholesterol transportation
• Metabolism (Triglyceride/Cholesterol)
• This model possesses a 151 bp deletion within Exon 1 on chromosome 4
• Homozygous knockout rats display loss of Leptin protein via Western blot
• Homozygous knockout rats demonstrate significant weight gain compared to wild type littermates
• Homozygous knockout rats demonstrate insulin resistance
• Homozygous knockout rats show greatly elevated serum cholesterol levels
• Background Strain: Sprague-Dawley
Please see our terms and conditions of ordering.
If you need any support, advice or additional documentation then don't hesitate to contact us here. We accept orders using the following methods:
Our online catalog and ordering system can be used to search our full menu of available Animal Models. Select your desired animal models and add them to the shopping basket. Your order can be submitted instantly using credit card, telephone ordering or a purchase order number as the preferred payment method.
If you prefer to send us orders outside our online ordering system, please see the Contact Us page for telephone, fax, and email details in order to place an order. We recommend that you use our online system to identify the products you require and their respective product codes. To order offline we will require the following information:
- Product code(s) of the item(s) you wish to order
- Your name, email address, title and organization
- Shipping address and billing address with contact names
- Purchase Order number if you have one
- Telephone number
- VAT Number (European Countries only)
Shipping information for all territories can be found on our Shipping Charges page. This includes Shipping and Handling fees, as well as shipping conditions for each product range.
If you’re having trouble ordering or finding what you’re looking for, or if you require something we don’t yet offer, please contact us.