Accell™ siRNA by Dharmacon™ is uniquely modified to facilitate passive uptake into the cell – eliminating the need for viral vectors, cytotoxic transfection or electroporation techniques. Simply add one reagent to silence any human, mouse or rat gene, in nearly any cell line.
- Single reagent – no viral vector, transfection or electroporation required
- Easy delivery – simply add the appropriate amount to your cells
- Guaranteed gene silencing – all Dharmacon siRNA are guaranteed to knockdown the target gene
- Difficult-to-transfect cell types – primary, neuron, immune cells & iPSCs
- Gene knockdown – simplified workflow for guaranteed results
- Extended-duration silencing – low toxicity enables multiple dosing up to 30 days
Accell gene silencing workflow
The power of Accell siRNA lies in the simplicity of it's workflow
To achieve guaranteed target gene knockdown, simply combine Accell siRNA stock solution with Accell siRNA delivery media to a recommended 1µM working concentration. Then add Accell delivery mix directly to cells and incubate for 72 hours.
Delivery may be inhibited by the presence of BSA in serum. Optimization with serum-free media formulations (Accell Delivery Media) or < 2.5% serum in standard media is recommended. Full-serum media may be added back after 48 hours of incubation mRNA silencing is achieved by 72 hours, with optimal protein knockdown observed around 96 hours.