DharmaFECT transfection reagents provide multiple formulations for your specific application
One of the key steps in any gene modification experiment, such as gene silencing or gene editing, is the introduction of RNA into your cell line or in vivo system. Delivery of RNA to cells is known as transfection and the top criteria to measure successful introduction of the nucleic acids are:
- High efficiency
- Cellular viability
Dharmacon transfection reagents offer proven performance to reach these key criteria across a range of cell types. Not only do we specialize in transfection of RNA (siRNA, microRNA, sgRNA, crRNA:tracrRNA ) but we offer multiple reagent compositions that have proven success in specific cell lines. We also offer a transfection reagent specifically designed for co-delivery of RNA and plasmid DNA.
RNA Transfection Reagents for all of your applications
DharmaFECT transfection reagents
DharmaFECT 1, 2, 3 or 4 transfection reagents are specifically formulated for transfection of RNAs (siRNA, microRNA, crRNA:tracrRNA or sgRNA). Typical results demonstrate high efficiency with low cytotoxicity across a range of cell types. Use the Transfection Reagent Cell Type Guide to help you select the appropriate DharmaFECT formulation for optimal transfection of RNA reagents. Recommendations are based on highest cell viability and gene knockdown, with lowest amount of lipid used for validation.
- Ideal for single-gene studies or high throughput siRNA screens
- Effective delivery for target silencing at low siRNA concentrations
- Low toxicity even at a broad range of experimental conditions for maximum experimental flexibility
- Four distinct formulations to enable optimization studies in novel cell types
DharmaFECT Duo transfection reagent
DharmaFECT Duo transfection reagent is recommended for co-transfection of RNA (siRNA, microRNA, sgRNA or crRNA:tracrRNA) and plasmids. This reagent is proven to provide reliable co-transfection with minimal toxicity.
Accell siRNA is a self-delivering reagent for transfection of siRNA into difficult-to-transfect cells without additional reagents, virus, or instruments. One can achieve gene silencing in cells that had been beyond the reach of conventional RNAi methods due to toxicity from transfection reagents or undesirable viral responses.
- Accell siRNA enters cells without the need for transfection reagents, virus (or viral vectors), or instruments.
- Novel siRNA modifications facilitate uptake, stability, specificity and knockdown efficiency.
- Proven performance in neuronal, immunological, primary, and other difficult-to-transfect cell types.
If you are looking to optimize the important step of delivering RNA to your cells for the purpose of CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing or RNAi, check out the DharmaFECT transfection reagent portfolio!
Learn more about Dharmacon transfection reagents! »
Transfection - Applications
- Moving nucleic acids into cells
Transfection - Resources
- Additional resources for transfection of RNAs