To shop for Accell siRNA Reagents - Rat, please select a Gene.
Achieve RNAi in any cell type
Accell siRNA offers what no other RNAi product can claim: delivery into difficult-to-transfect cells without transfection reagents, virus, or instrumentation. Achieve targeted gene silencing in neuronal, immune, or primary cells that are beyond the reach of conventional RNAi products due to toxicity caused by transfection reagents or undesirable viral responses.
Accell siRNA achieves what no other RNAi product can claim: delivery into difficult-to-transfect cells without transfection reagents, virus, or instrumentation. Researchers around the world are achieving targeted gene silencing in neuronal, immune, and primary cells that had previously been beyond the reach of conventional RNAi products due to toxicity caused by transfection reagents or undesirable viral responses.
- Accell siRNA enters cells without the need for transfection reagents, virus (or viral vectors), or instruments
- Guaranteed silencing by SMARTpool and 3 of 4 individual siRNAs (see Guarantee tab)
- Novel siRNA modifications facilitate uptake, stability, specificity, and knockdown efficiency
- Proven performance in neuronal, immunological, primary, and other difficult-to-transfect cell types
- Appropriate for use in vivo, due to stabilizing modifications
- Extended-duration knockdown with optimized continuous application
This breakthrough in siRNA delivery requires no transfection reagent, but has some unique application requirements.
- Accell siRNA works at a higher concentration than conventional siRNA; recommended 1 µM working concentration
- Delivery may be inhibited by the presence of BSA in serum. Optimization studies with serum-free media formulations (Accell Delivery Media) or < 2.5% serum="" in="" standard="" media="">
- Full-serum media can be added back after 48 hours of incubation. Optimal mRNA silencing is typically achieved by 72 hours or up to 96 hours for protein knockdown.
- SMARTpool: A mixture of 4 siRNA provided as a single reagent; providing advantages in both potency and specificity
- Set of 4: A convenient option for purchasing aliquots of all 4 individual siRNAs targeting a single gene
- Individual siRNAs: Select 1, 2, 3, or 4 individual siRNAs per gene
Sequence information is provided with purchase of predesigned siRNA products.
|Approximate # reactions (wells) at 1 µM siRNA concentration (assuming no loss from pipetting)|
(100 µL total reaction volume)
(500 µL total reaction volume)
(1000 µL total reaction volume)
Due to the unique nature of Accell siRNA delivery, it requires a higher working concentration than conventional siRNAs. The table provides the approximate number of reactions (wells) at recommended 1 μM Accell siRNA working concentration in different plate formats.
Our siRNA knockdown guarantee
Accell siRNA reagents (SMARTpool and three of four individual siRNAs) are guaranteed to silence target gene expression by at least 75% at the mRNA level.
If all of the steps to assess and optimize conditions are carried out as described in this article, you are guaranteed at least 75% target gene silencing by the SMARTpool and/or three of the Set of 4 individual siRNAs. If, after contacting technical support and carrying out recommended troubleshooting, your target gene is not silenced by at least 75%, a one-time replacement of the affected Accell SMARTpool or Set of 4 siRNA reagents will be provided.
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|
Accell siRNA demonstrates effective uptake and silencing in organotypic brain slices
Accell siRNA shows increased uptake with extended incubation. 250 μm cerebellar sections were prepared, cultured, and incubated for 3 hours (A) and 72 hours (B) with Accell Red Non-targeting control (NTC) siRNA before inspection by microscopy.
Accell siRNA effectively silences target genes in cultured P8 mouse brain slices
Accell siRNA delivery and gene silencing in cardiomyocytes
Neonatal rat ventricular myocytes were incubated with 1 µM Accell Green (A; Cat# D-001950-01) or Red (B; Cat# D-001960-01) Non-targeting siRNA for 72 hours in Accell delivery media (Cat# B-005000). Nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue). Labeled control uptake showed diffuse cytoplasmic localization in nearly all cells. The bar graph indicates the level of gene silencing achieved with Accell GAPD Control siRNA (Cat# D-001930-03) and Pool (Cat# D-001930-30) control reagents when used with neonatal rat ventricular myocyte (NRVM) media or Accell delivery media. Myocytes were prepared as described in Maass AH & Buvoli M. Cardiomyocyte preparation, culture, and gene transfer. Methods in Molecular Biology 2007;366: 321-30. mRNA expression was determined by QuantiGene branched DNA assay (Panomics).
The Accell siRNA application protocol simplifies targeted gene knockdown