Consistency in end-to-end workflow validation and routine monitoring with patient-like molecular material
Our reference standards are cell line-derived, which means they maintain genomic complexity whilst mimicking patient material from sample preparation to downstream analysis. Suitable for Next Generation Sequencing, droplet-digital and Real-Time PCR as well as Sanger sequencing, Horizon reference standards are platform-agnostic for easy implementation into any quality control workflow.
NGS and PCR quality controls support:
- Validation of end-to-end diagnostic workflows
- Robust routine monitoring
- Confirmation of limits of detection & minimal residual disease status
- Reducing false positives and negatives
- Assay development and manufacture
Oncology focused reference material
- Over 370 clinically-relevant variants
- Pan-cancer variants including CNVs, SNVs and gene fusions
- Cancer-specific controls for prostate and myeloid cancers – with more coming soon!
- Allele frequencies as low as 0.1%
- Cell line-derived material is patient-like with full genomic complexity
- Available in gDNA, FFPE, cell-free DNA and formalin-compromised DNA formats
- Developed and manufactured under ISO 13485:2016 and ISO 9001:2015
- Partnered with global EQA and proficiency testing bodies
If you need a specific set of variants, our simple made-to-order online tool can help you create your own reference standard in 5 simple steps.
For bespoke material, our in-house cell line engineering team can support the design of almost any oncology-focused reference standard. Contact us to discuss your project.
Myeloid Cancer Panel cfDNA
Now available in cell-free DNA format to validate minimal residual disease assays
Prostate Cancer Panel cfDNA
15 variants across 9 genes clinically relevant to prostate cancer
Pan-cancer & large panel controls
Browse all products
Controls for large panel sequencing in a range of formats.
The largest oncology reference standard with over 370 variants across 152 genes
Create your own reference standard
Browse by format
Cell-free DNA controls
Cancer-specific and pan-cancer reference standards developed for liquid biopsy-based workflows
Formalin-fixed reference standards
Control for variability in pre-analytical steps with FFPE DNA material
Establish limit of detection and confirm copy number variation
Pan-cancer RNA controls support NGS, RT-PCR and RT-ddPCR workflows