The Trans-Lentiviral Packaging System utilizes the safest and most effective strategy for packaging virus to efficiently express your gene or shRNA of interest. Co-transfection of the packaging plasmids and transfer vector into the packaging cell line, HEK293T, allows efficient production of lentiviral supernatant. The virus can then be transduced into a wide range of cell types, including both dividing and non-dividing mammalian cells (see Figure 1, Supporting Data).
The Trans-Lentiviral ORF Packaging Kit is designed for the optimal generation of highly efficient lentiviral particles containing ORF (Open Reading Frame) expression constructs. The produced viral particles can be used to transduce your cells or tissue of interest for the facilitation of robust gene knockdown.
- Consistent titers: 1 - 5 x 106 transducing units (TU) per mL are commonly achieved from unconcentrated packaging cell supernatant
- Broad tropism: Effectively transduce most mammalian cell lines, including primary and non-dividing cells
- Patented technology: Contains all genetic elements necessary to package both second and third generation lentiviral vectors
Highest Level of Biosafety
- Five separate plasmids: Genes required for packaging the viral genome are separated onto five plasmids to minimize the threat of recombinant, replication-competent virus production
- Replication-incompetent: None of the structural genes are actually present in the packaged viral genome, therefore no new replication-competent virus can be produced
- With or without HEK293T cells
- Starter kits (10 rxns) with an experimental control
- Bulk sizes (50, 100 rxns) for large experiments
Trans-Lentiviral ORF Packaging Kit Component
|Kit Contents||TLP5916(10 rxn)||TLP5918(10 rxn + cells)||TLP5919(50 rxn)||TLP5920(100 rxn)|
|Trans-Lentiviral Packaging Mix||285 μg||285 μg||285 μg x 5||285 μg x 10|
|HEK293T Packaging Cell Line||not included||1.0 mL||not included||not included|
|CaCl2 Reagent||1.2 mL||1.2 mL||6 mL||6 mL x 2|
|2X HBSS Reagent||12.0 mL||12.0 mL||60 mL||60 mL x 2|
|Precision LentiORF RFP Control DNA||45 μg (0.45 μg/μL)||45 μg (0.45 μg/μL)||not included||not included|
All plasmids are shipped on wet ice and stored at -20°C. Transfection reagents are shipped on wet ice and stored at 4°C. For kits containing the packaging cell line, HEK293T, an additional dry ice cooler will be included in the shipment. Upon receipt, the cell line must be stored in liquid N2 for two days.
Trans-Lentiviral Packaging System
Figure 1. | Schematic showing production of lentiviral particles using the Trans-Lentiviral Packaging System