The C. elegans Transcription Factor Collection was created to enable the discovery of transcription factor – promoter interactions by means of yeast one-hybrid (Y1H) assays. The 755 C. elegans transcription factor ORFs present in this collection represent ~80% of all predicted C. elegans transcription factors and have have been cloned into the Gateway-compatible Y1H prey vector pDEST-AD.
The expressed fusion-protein product will induce a GAL4-dependent reporter when the transcription factor domain binds to a promoter bait immediately upstream of the reporter. Bait reporter strains are not included in this collection, but may be constructed from any of the cloned promoters in the C. elegans Promoter Collection (Catalog #PCE1181) by recombinational cloning.
Alternatively, the C. elegans Transcription Factor Collection can be used as prey strains in yeast two-hybrid Y2H assays for the purpose of discovering homodimer and heterodimer transcription factor complexes. Appropriate bait strains may be constructed from the C. elegans ORF Collection (Catalog #OCE4518) by recombinational cloning.
- Gateway-adapted transcription factor collection
- Represents ~80% of all predicted C. elegans transcription factors
- Useful for both yeast one-hybrid and two-hybrid assays
- Each construct is available in yeast for mating with bait strains or in an E. coli host for transformation into bait strains
We provide certain clone resources developed by leading academic laboratories. Many of these resources address the needs of specialized research communities not served by other commercial entities. In order to provide these as a public resource, we depend on the contributing academic laboratories for quality control.
Therefore, these are distributed in the format provided by the contributing institution "as is" with no additional product validation or guarantee. We are not responsible for any errors or performance issues. Additional information can be found in the product manual as well as in associated published articles (if available). Alternatively, the source academic institution can be contacted directly for troubleshooting.
Clones are provided as a live culture in a 2 mL tube. Each tube contains LB medium supplemented with 8% glycerol and the appropriate antibiotic. We will ship your clone at room temperature via express delivery. Store the stock clone at -80°C.
Orders of 50 clones or greater and stock plates will be provided in microtiter plates. These will ship on dry-ice via overnight delivery and should be stored at -80°C immediately upon receipt. Please contact our customer service department for a quote and estimated shipping time on bulk orders.
Orders for the entire C. elegans Promoter collection are provided in 96-well microtiter plates. These will ship on dry-ice via overnight delivery and should be stored at -80°C immediately upon receipt. Please contact our customer service department for estimated shipping time on orders for the entire collection.
- B. Deplancke et al., A Gateway-compatible yeast one-hybrid system. Genome Research. 14, 2093–2101 (2004).
- Deplancke B et al., A gene-centered C. elegans protein-DNA interaction network.Cell. 125(6), 1193–1205 (2006).
- V. Vermeirssen et al., A C. elegans transcription factor array and Steiner Triple System-based smart pools: high-performance tools for transcription regulatory network mapping. Nature Methods. 4, 659–664 (2007).
- A. J. M. Walhout, Unravelling transcription regulatory networks by protein-DNA and protein-protein interaction mapping. Genome Research. 16, 1445–1454 (2006).