Researchers at the Weizmann Institute of Science have produced a collection of E. coli strains that enable monitoring of gene expression at high temporal resolution in living cells. Each of the reporter strains has a bright, fast-folding green fluorescent protein (GFP) fused to a full-length copy of the E. coli promoter in a low-copy plasmid.
- Library of fluorescent reporter strains in which GFP is used to assay promoter activity in E. coli
- Collection includes more than 1,900 promoters from E. coli K12 strain MG1655
- Enables accurate measurements of promoter activity on a genome scale
- Selected DNA regions on a plasmid can be easily mutated, enabling the identification of cis-regulatory sites in the promoter regions
We provide certain clone resources developed by leading academic laboratories. Many of these resources address the needs of specialized research communities not served by other commercial entities. In order to provide these as a public resource, we depend on the contributing academic laboratories for quality control.
Therefore, these are distributed in the format provided by the contributing institution "as is" with no additional product validation or guarantee. We are not responsible for any errors or performance issues. Additional information can be found in the product manual as well as in associated published articles (if available). Alternatively, the source academic institution can be contacted directly for troubleshooting.
Clones are provided as a live culture in a 2 mL tube. Each tube contains LB medium supplemented with 8% glycerol and the appropriate antibiotic. We will ship your clone at room temperature via express delivery. Store the stock clone at -80°C.
Orders of 50 clones or greater and stock plates will be provided in microtiter plates. These will ship on dry-ice via overnight delivery and should be stored at -80°C immediately upon receipt. Please contact our customer service department for a quote and estimated shipping time on bulk orders.
Orders for the entire E. coli Promoter collection are provided in 96-well microtiter plates. These will ship on dry-ice via overnight delivery and should be stored at -80°C immediately upon receipt. Please contact our customer service department for estimated shipping time on orders for the entire collection.
- S. Kalir et al., Ordering genes in a flagella pathway by analysis of expression kinetics from living bacteria. Science.292, 2080–2083 (2001).
- M. Ronen et al., Assigning numbers to the arrows: parameterizing a gene regulation network by using accurate expression kinetics. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA.99, 10555–10560 (2002).
- Y. Setty et al., Detailed map of a cis-regulatory input function. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA.100, 7702–7707 (2003).
- A. Zaslaver et al., Just-in-time transcription program in metabolic pathways. Nature Genetics.36, 486–491 (2004).