To shop for Accell siRNA Reagents - Human, please select a Gene.
Accell siRNA achieves what no other RNAi product can claim: delivery into difficult-to-transfect cells without transfection reagents, virus, or instrumentation. Researchers around the world are achieving targeted gene silencing in neuronal, immune, and primary cells that had previously been beyond the reach of conventional RNAi products due to toxicity caused by transfection reagents or undesirable viral responses.
- Accell siRNA enters cells without the need for transfection reagents, virus (or viral vectors), or instruments
- Guaranteed silencing by SMARTpool and 3 of 4 individual siRNAs (see Guarantee tab)
- Novel siRNA modifications facilitate uptake, stability, specificity and knockdown efficiency
- Proven performance in neuronal, immunological, primary, and other difficult-to-transfect cell types
- Appropriate for use in vivo, due to stabilizing modifications
- Extended-duration knockdown with optimized continuous application
This breakthrough in siRNA delivery requires no transfection reagent, but has some unique application requirements.
- Accell siRNA works at a higher concentration than conventional siRNA; recommended 1µM working concentration
- Delivery may be inhibited by the presence of BSA in serum. Optimization studies with serum-free media formulations (Accell Delivery Media) or <2.5% serum in standard media is recommended
- Full-serum media can be added back after 48 hours of incubation, optimal mRNA silencing is typically achieved by 72 hoursor up to 96 hours for protein knockdown
- SMARTpool: A mixture of 4 siRNA provided as a single reagent,providing advantages in both potency and specificity
- Set of 4: A convenient option for purchasing aliquots of all 4 individual siRNAs targeting a single gene
- Individual siRNAs: Select 1, 2, 3, or 4 individual siRNAs per gene
Sequence information is provided with purchase of predesigned siRNA products.
|Approximate # reactions (wells) at 1µM siRNA concentration (assuming no loss from pipetting)|
|nmol|| 96-well plate
(100 µL total reaction volume)
| 24-well plate
(500 µL total reaction volume)
| 12-well plate
(1000 µL total reaction volume)
Due to the unique nature of Accell siRNA delivery, it requires a higher working concentration than conventional siRNAs. The table provides the approximate number of reactions (wells) at recommended 1μM Accell siRNA working concentration in different plate formats.
Our siRNA knockdown guarantee
Accell siRNA reagents (SMARTpool and three of four individual siRNAs) are guaranteed to silence target gene expression by at least 75% at the mRNA level.
If all of the steps to assess and optimize conditions are carried out as described in this article, you are guaranteed at least 75% target gene silencing by the SMARTpool and/or three of the Set of 4 individual siRNAs. If, after contacting technical support and carrying out recommended troubleshooting, your target gene is not silenced by at least 75%, a one-time replacement of the affected Accell SMARTpool or Set of 4 siRNA reagents will be provided.
Accell siRNA reagents in neuronal cells
- A. Vagnoni et al., Calsyntenin-1 mediates axonal transport of the amyloid precursor protein and regulates Aβ production. Human Molecular Genetics.21, 13 2845–2854 (2012).[rat primary cortical neurons (E18)]
- S. Suzukiet al., Differential Roles of Epac in Regulating Cell Death in Neuronal and Myocardial Cells.J. Biol. Chem.285, 24248-24259 (Jul 2010). [primary mouse cortical neurons (E15-17)]
- A. M. Dolga et al., TNF-alpha-mediates neuroprotection against glutamate-induced excitotoxicity via NF-kappaB-dependent up-regulation of K2.2 channels.J. Neurochem.107(4), 1158-1167 (November 2008). [mouse primary cortical neurons]
- U. Dreses-Werringloeret al., A Polymorphism in CALHM1 Influences Ca2+ Homeostasis, Ab Levels, and Alzheimer’s Disease Risk.Cell.133(7), 1149-1161 (27 June 2008). [SHSY-5Y; human neuroblastoma]
- J. Sebo et al., Requirement for Protein Synthesis at Developing Synapses.J. Neurosci.29(31), 9778-9793 (5 August 2009). [rat primary hippocampal neurons]
- P. Mergenthaler et al., Mitochondrial hexokinase II (HKII) and phosphoprotein enriched in astrocytes (PEA15) form a molecular switch governing cellular fate depending on the metabolic state.PNAS USA.109(5), 1518-1523(31 January 2012). [extended duration silencing in rat primary cortical neurons]
Accell siRNA reagents in immunological cells
- S. Winning et al., Acute Hypoxia Induces HIF-Independent Monocyte Adhesion to Endothelial Cells through Increased Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1 Expression: The Role of Hypoxic Inhibition of Prolyl Hydroxylase Activity for the Induction of NF-B J.Immunology.185, 1786 -1793 (July 2010).[THP-1 monocytes]
- V. Sainiet al.,CXC Chemokine Receptor 4 Is a Cell Surface Receptor for Extracellular Ubiquitin.J. Biol. Chem.285(20), 15566-15576 (14 May 2010). [THP-1 monocytes]
- J. W. Perry et al., Endocytosis of Murine Norovirus 1 into Murine Macrophages Is Dependent on Dynamin II and Cholesterol.J. Virol.84(12), 6163-6176 (June 2010). [murine macrophages]
- M. Steenport et al., Matrix Metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and MMP-3 Induce Macrophage MMP-9: Evidence for the Role of TNF-a and Coclooxygenase-2.J. Immunology.183(12), 8119-8127(15 December 2009) [RAW264.7 macrophages, doi:10.4049/jimmunol.0901925]
- C. B. Lai et al.,Creation of the two isoforms of rodent NKG2D was driven by a B1 retrotransposon insertion.Nucleic Acids Res.(2009). [mouse NK cell line, gkp174]
- N. Mookherjee et al., Intracellular Receptor for Human Host Sefense Peptide LL-37 in Monocytes.J. Immunol.183(4), 2688-2696 (15 August 2009). [THP-1; human monocytes]
- D. Smirnovet al., Genetic Analysis of Radiation-induced Changes in Human Gene Expression.Nature.459(7246), 587-591 (28 May 2009). [immortalized B cells]
- A. M. McElligott et al., The Novel Tubulin-Targeting Agent Pyrrolo-1,5-Benzoxazepine-15 Induces Apoptosis in Poor Prognostic Subgroups of Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia.Cancer Research.69(21), 8366-8375(13 October 2009).[PGA-1; EBV-transformed chronic lymphocyctic leukemia (CLL) B cell line, 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-09-0131]
Accell siRNA reagents in primary, stem, tumor and other cell types
- M. Liao et al., Inhibition of Hepatic Organic Anion-transporting Polypeptide by RNA Interference in Sandwich-cultured Human Hepatocytes: An in vitro Model to Assess Transporter-mediated Drug-drug Interactions.Drug Metabolism and Deposition.38(9), 1612-1622 (August 2010). [freshly isolated human hepatocytes]
- S. Byas et al., Human Embryonic Stem Cells Maintain Pluripotency after E-Cadherin Expression Knockdown.FASEB J.24, lb172 (April 2010). [H9 stem cell lines]
- S. Desai et al., PRDM1 Is Required for Mantle Cell Lymphoma Response to Bortezomib Mol.Cancer Res.8, 907-918 (June 2010).
- I. Barbieri et al., Constitutively Active Stat3 Enhances Neu-Mediated Migration and Metastasis in Mammary Tumors via Upregulation of Cten.Cancer Res.70, 2558-2567 (March 2010).
- C. Bartholomeusz et al., PEA-15 Induces Autophagy in Human Ovarian Cancer Cells and is Associated with Prolonged Overall Survival.Cancer Res.68, 9302-9310 (2008). [OVCA 420; ovarian carcinoma]
- B. Tunquist et al., Mcl-1 Stability Determines Mitotic Cell Fate of Human Multiple Myeloma Tumor Cells Treated with the Kinesin Spindle Protein Inhibitor ARRY-520.Mol. Cancer Ther.9, 2046–2056 (July 2010). [multiple myeloma cell lines]
- M. Chetane et al., Interleukin-7 mediates glucose utilization in lymphocytes through transcriptional regulation of the hexokinase II gene.Am. J. Physiol. Cell. Physiol.298(6), C1560-C1571 (Jun 2010). [lymphocytes]
- G. A. Peters et al., The double-stranded RNA-binding protein, PACT, is required for postnatal anterior pituitary proliferation.PNAS.106(26), 10696-10701 (30 June 2009). [GH3; rat somatolactotrophs (pituitary cell line) and LßT2 gonadotrophs; basophilic cell of the anterior pituitary]
Accell siRNA reagents in vivo
- H. Nakajima et al., A rapid, targeted, neuron-selective, in vivo knockdown following a single intracerebroventricular injection of a novel chemically modified siRNA in the adult rat brain.J. Biotechnology.157(2), 326-333 (20 January 2012). [brain injection]
- E. Gonzalez-Gonzalez et al., Silencing of Reporter Gene Expression in Skin Using siRNAs and Expression of Plasmid DNA Delivered by a Soluble Protrusion Array Device (PAD).Molecular Therapy.18(9), 1667-1674(September2010). [mouse intradermal injection, doi:10.1038/mt.2010.126]
- P. Bonifazi et al., Intranasally Delivered siRNA Targeting PI3K /Akt /mTOR Inflammatory Pathways Protects from Aspergillosis.Mucosal Immuno.3(2), 193-205(18 November 2009) [doi:10.1038/mi.2009.130, in vivo intranasal delivery]
- A. DiFeo et al., KLF6-SV1 Is a Novel Antiapoptotic Protein That Targets the BH3-Only Protein NOXA for Degradation and Whose Inhibition Extends Survival in an Ovarian Cancer.Model Cancer Res.69(11), 4733–4741 (12 May 2009). [in vivo mouse model]
- Q. Li et al., Silencing MAP Kinase-activated Protein Kinase -2 Arrests Inflammatory Bone Loss.J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther.336(3), 633-642 (March 2011). [direct injection to rat gingival tissue; in vivo model of periodontal bone loss]
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|
Accell siRNA demonstrates effective uptake and silencing in organotypic brain slices
Accell siRNA effectively silences target genes in cultured P8 mouse brain slices
Accell siRNA delivery and gene silencing in cardiomyocytes
The Accell siRNA application protocol simplifies targeted gene knockdown