Duet siRNA Libraries are paired libraries of siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA SMARTpool reagents. The Human Duet Genome siRNA Library targets all unique human genes (NM Accession numbers) in the RefSeq database. Genome-wide siRNA screening has become an invaluable discovery tool, and siRNA products are more often the choice for high quality, reliable screening libraries.
- Increase confidence in your RNAi screen with two guaranteed, highly functional SMARTpool siRNA reagents (see Figure 1, Supporting Data tab)
- Screen the libraries side-by-side to move high confidence hits through the pipeline faster (see Figure 2, Supporting Data tab)
- Use the libraries separately as a cost-effective way to obtain two guaranteed collections of highly potent siRNA reagents
Both siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA reagents utilize the same SMARTselection foundational elements for highly-functional designs. ON-TARGETplus designs are additionally filtered for specificity-enhancing features that improve the potential for unique designs.
- In 30% of genes (across the human genome), all eight siRNA sequences targeting a single gene are unique.
- Only 5% of genes share four siRNA sequences across both product lines.
- Even in cases of identical designs, it has been widely demonstrated that ON-TARGETplus specificity-enhancing modifications provide distinct and reduced off-target signatures and thus can be treated as unique silencing reagents.
For a complete list of target genes in this siRNA Library, please contact Technical Support or your local Sales Representative. For pricing on this library or to request a custom library, please submit a Library Quote Request.
Our siRNA knockdown guarantee
siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA reagents (SMARTpool and three of four individual siRNAs) are guaranteed to silence target gene expression by at least 75% at the mRNA level when used under optimal delivery conditions (confirmed using validated positive control and measured at the mRNA level 24 to 48 hours after transfection using 100 µnM siRNA).
Note: Most siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA products are highly functional at 5 to 25 µnM working concentration.
Whole Genome siRNA Library Organization
Figure 1 | The ~18,000 genes of the siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus Human Genome siRNA libraries are organized according to the indicated subsets.
siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus SMARTpool reagents are highly potent
Figure 2 | Target mRNA knockdown in a screen with siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus SMARTpool siRNA reagents was highly effective, even at concentrations of 2 nM. In extended studies, ON-TARGETplus also was effective in reducing false phenotypes due to off-targets.
Duet siRNA libraries support high-confidence screening workflows
Figure 3 | Our products offer more guaranteed siRNA reagents than any other provider to enable the broadest range of siRNA screening strategies. By leveraging the high-efficiency silencing of market-leading siRNA reagents, the execution of a Duet siRNA screen with two unique SMARTpool siRNA reagents (siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus) increases overall primary hit quality and reduces follow-up experimental time and effort.
- B.D. Parsons, A. Schindler, D.H. Evans, E. Foley, A direct phenotypic comparison of siRNA pools and multiple individual duplexes in a functional assay. PLoS One. 4(12), e8471 (2009).
- M. Jiang, R. Instrell, B. Saunders, H. Berven, M. Howell, Tales from an academic RNAi screening facility; FAQs. Brief Funct. Genomics. 10(4), 227-237 (2011). [doi: 10.1093/bfgp/elr016]
- J. Borawski, A. Lindeman, F. Buxton, M. Labow, L.A. Gaither, Optimization procedure for small interfering RNA transfection in a 384-well format. J. Biomol. Screen. 12(4), 546-559 (2007).
Safety data sheets
Concentrated buffer solution recommended for resuspension and long-term storage of any short, double-strand, or single-strand synthetic RNA molecule. Dilute with RNase-free water prior to use.
Molecular grade water for dilution of 5x siRNA Buffer or resuspension of RNA. RNase-free to prevent degradation of RNA reagents and oligonucleotides.
An aliquot of each of the four DharmaFECT formulations for siRNA/microRNA transfection optimization studies