siGLO Lamin A/C Control siRNA is a validated positive control, guaranteed to silence Lamin A/C in rat cells. This control siRNA is chemically modified to significantly extend siRNA stability and fluorescence compared to conventional siRNAs similarly labeled with fluorophores.
Lamins are intermediate filament-type proteins, which form major components of the nuclear lamina. Lamins A and C have close sequence homology and are derived by differential splicing and alternative polyadenylation from one gene. This gene is abundantly expressed in most cells, and because it is non-essential, knockdown of the corresponding mRNA does not affect cell viability.
- Targets accession number: NM_001002016 (Rat)
- Labeled wtih DY-547
- Absorbance/Emission Max is 557/570 nm
- A Cy3, Rhodamine or PE filter can be used
- Significantly extended intensity of the fluorescence signal (7 days or longer)
- Positive correlation of cytoplasmic fluorescence with transfection efficiency
To request a larger quantity or in vivo processing of this control product, please contact Technical Support.
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|