The Mouse Protein Kinase siRNA Library includes siRNA reagents directed against phylogenetically related kinases. Protein kinases are key regulators of cell function and are known to direct the activity, localization, and function of many proteins. They are prominent in signal transduction and are crucial for the coordination of complex cellular functions, such as cell cycle regulation, gene transcription, and apoptosis.
Accell siRNA achieves what no other RNAi product can claim: delivery into difficult-to-transfect cells without transfection reagents, virus, or electroporation. Researchers around the world are achieving targeted gene silencing in cells that had previously been beyond the reach of conventional RNAi products due to toxicity caused by transfection reagents or undesirable viral responses.
- Accell siRNA enters cells without the need for transfection reagents, virus (or viral vectors), or instruments
- Proven performance in neuronal, immunological, primary, and other difficult-to-transfect cell types
- Extended-duration knockdown with optimized continuous application
- Available as SMARTpool siRNA reagents or a Set of 4 siRNAs in 96-well plates
For a complete list of target genes in this siRNA Library, please contact Technical Support or your local Sales Representative.
- Accell siRNA works at a higher concentration than conventional siRNA; recommended 1 µM working concentration
- Delivery may be inhibited by the presence of BSA in serum. Optimization studies with serum-free media formulations (Accell Delivery Media) or < 2.5% serum in standard media is recommended
- Full-serum media can be added back after 48 hours of incubation. Optimal mRNA silencing is typically achieved by 72 hours or up to 96 hours for protein knockdown
Our siRNA knockdown guarantee
siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA reagents (SMARTpool and three of four individual siRNAs) are guaranteed to silence target gene expression by at least 75% at the mRNA level when demonstrated to have been used under optimal delivery conditions (confirmed using validated positive control and measured at the mRNA level 24 to 48 hours after transfection using 100 nM siRNA).
Note: Most siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA products are highly functional at 5 to 25 nM working concentration.
Cell types demonstrating effective silencing with Accell siRNA
Internal validation and peer-reviewed publications report numerous successes with difficult-to-transfect cell types. See the Citations tab for a list of published references.
The Accell siRNA application protocol simplifies targeted gene knockdown
(A) Combine Accell siRNA with Accell delivery media (or other low- or no-serum media). (B) Add Accell delivery mix directly to cells, and incubate for 72 hours.
Click to view a more comprehensive list of Accell siRNA citations.
- B. D. Parsons, A. Schindler, D.H. Evans, E. Foley, A direct phenotypic comparison of siRNA pools and multiple individual duplexes in a functional assay. PLoS One. 4(12), e8471 (2009).
- M. Jiang, R. Instrell, B. Saunders, H. Berven, M. Howell, Tales from an academic RNAi screening facility; FAQs. Brief Funct. Genomics. 10(4), 227-237 (2011). [doi: 10.1093/bfgp/elr016]
- S. Suzuki et al., Differential Roles of Epac in Regulating Cell Death in Neuronal and Myocardial Cells. J. Biol. Chem. 285, 24248-24259 (July 2010). [primary mouse cortical neurons (E15-17)]
- U. Dreses-Werringloer et al., A Polymorphism in CALHM1 Influences Ca2+ Homeostasis, Ab Levels, and Alzheimer’s Disease Risk. Cell. 133, 1149-1161 (27 June 2008). [SHSY-5Y; human neuroblastoma]
- S. Byas et al., Human Embryonic Stem Cells Maintain Pluripotency after E-Cadherin Expression Knockdown. FASEB J. 24, lb172 (Apr 2010). [H9 stem cell lines]
- V. Saini et al., CXC Chemokine Receptor 4 Is a Cell Surface Receptor for Extracellular Ubiquitin. J. Biol. Chem. 285, 15566-15576 (May 2010). [THP-1 monocytes]
- D. Smirnov et al., Genetic Analysis of Radiation-induced Changes in Human Gene Expression. Nature. 459, 10.1038/nature07940 (28 May 2009). [immortalized B cells]
An enriched, serum-free media for use during Accell siRNA application. While not required for use with Accell siRNA, this media provides appropriate serum-free conditions for Accell uptake while maintaining cell health.
Concentrated buffer solution recommended for resuspension and long-term storage of any short, double-strand, or single-strand synthetic RNA molecule. Dilute with RNase-free water prior to use.
Molecular grade water for dilution of 5x siRNA Buffer or resuspension of RNA. RNase-free to prevent degradation of RNA reagents and oligonucleotides.