The SOT Annual Meeting provides the most complete and in-depth coverage of toxicology. The Scientific Program Committee's (SPC) mission is to devise a scientific program that covers the diverse areas of science that toxicology encompasses. The meeting is the venue for toxicologists to learn about the scientific advances that have taken place over the past 12 months. The Scientific Program Committee reviews more than 2,500 abstracts to deliver the most comprehensive and up-to-date program imaginable.
The Scientific Program Committee devises a thematic program that encompasses five themes of topical interest. In 2015, these themes were:
- Advancing Clinical and Translational Toxicology
- Approaches for Protecting Vulnerable Populations
- Epigenomic Influences in Toxicological Responses
- Safety Assessment Approaches for Product Development
- Strategies for Exposure and Risk Assessments