siGLO Cyclophilin B Control siRNA is a validated positive control, guaranteed to silence cyclophilin B in human, mouse, or rat cells. This control siRNA is chemically modified to significantly extend siRNA stability and fluorescence compared to conventional siRNAs similarly labeled with fluorophores.
Also known as peptidylprolyl isomerase B (PPIB), cyclophilin B is associated with the secretory pathway. This gene is abundantly expressed in most cells, and because it is non-essential, knockdown of the corresponding mRNA does not affect cell viability.
- Targets accession numbers NM_000942 (Human), NM_011149 (Mouse), or NM_022536 (Rat)
- Labeled with DY-547
- Absorbance/Emission Max is 557/570 nm
- A Cy3, Rhodamine or PE filter can be used
- Significantly extended intensity of the fluorescence signal (7 days or longer)
- Positive correlation of fluorescence with transfection efficiency and target gene silencing
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|
Cytoplasmic fluorescence upon transfection with siGLO Control siRNA
siGLO Cyclophilin B control transfected into HeLa cells (100 nM) with DharmaFECT 1. Images captured 48 hours post-transfection. Cytoplasmic fluorescence is evident in transfected cells.