siGLO RISC-Free Control siRNA is chemically modified to impair processing and uptake by RISC, allowing researchers to isolate cellular effects related to siRNA transfection. As transfection reagents typically rely on charged interaction with the nucleic acid payload, transfection controls using siGLO RISC-Free are recommended over the use of transfection reagent alone.
- Stable, fluorescent, negative RNAi control
- Labeled with DY-547
- Absorbance/Emission Max is 557/570nm
- ACy3, Rhodamine or PE filter can be used
- Not processed by RISC - useful to isolate cellular effects related only to siRNA transfection
- Enables co-transfection with functional siRNA without interfering with target gene silencing
To request a larger quantity or in vivo processing of this control product, please contact scientific support.
siGLO RISC-Free siRNA does not Compete with Functional siRNA
Cyclophilin B mRNA level was quantified in HeLa cells 24 hours after transfection with 100 nM of siGENOME Cyclophilin B siRNA only or mixtures with the indicated percentages of siGLO RISC-Free and siGENOME Non-targeting siRNA #1 (NTC).
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|