- Industry leaders convene to explore how ground-breaking technologies are providing answers to healthcare’s biggest challenges
Cambridge, UK 15 March 2016: Horizon Discovery Group plc (LSE: HZD) ("Horizon" or “the Company”), the leading international gene editing company, is today hosting an event for media and analysts covering Horizon on gene editing and its impact on translational research and personalised and genomic medicine development.
Ground-breaking gene editing technologies now allow an unprecedented ability to design, engineer and apply edited cells in genomics research, personalised medicine development and, increasingly, cell and gene therapy. Host Dr. Darrin M. Disley, Chief Executive Officer and President, Research Biotech of Horizon, alongside some if the industry’s foremost innovators, will discuss how these gene editing techniques (including CRISPR, rAAV and ZFN) are radically changing the landscape for human healthcare.
Horizon has invited a team of world leading specialists in the field of gene editing to share their insights, to answer questions and to look at real world applications of this new technology. Presenters will include:
- Dr. Feng Zhang, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, MIT, Core Member of the Broad Institute and co-inventor of CRISPR gene editing
- Dr. Eric Hendrickson, Professor, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biophysics, University of Minnesota and expert in gene manipulation using CRISPR, rAAV, ZFN and TALEN
- Dr. Sebastian Nijman, Associate Member of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research in Oxford, Director of Functional Genomics at the Target Discovery Institute and adjunct Principal Investigator at the Research Center for Molecular Medicine (CeMM);
- Dr. Darrin M. Disley, Chief Executive Officer and President, Research Biotech, Horizon Discovery Group plc;
- Dr. Jon Moore, Chief Scientific Officer and Vice President, Research Biotech, Horizon Discovery Group plc