siGLO Lamin A/C Control siRNA is a validated positive control, guaranteed to silence Lamin A/C in human cells. This control siRNA is chemically modified to significantly extend siRNA stability and fluorescence compared to conventional siRNAs similarly labeled with fluorophores.
Lamins are intermediate filament-type proteins, which form major components of the nuclear lamina. Lamins A and C have close sequence homology and are derived by differential splicing and alternative polyadenylation from one gene. This gene is abundantly expressed in most cells, and because it is non-essential, knockdown of the corresponding mRNA does not affect cell viability.
- Targets accession numbers: NM_005572, NM_170707, NM_170708 (Human)
- Labeled with DY-547
- Absorbance/Emission Max is 557/570 nm
- A Cy3, Rhodamine or PE filter can be used
- Significantly extended intensity of the fluorescence signal (7 days or longer)
- Positive correlation of fluorescence with transfection efficiency and target gene silencing
To request a larger quantity or in vivo processing of this control product, please email Technical Support, or call 1-800-235-9880. International customers, please call 303-604-9499 or your local Sales Representative.
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|
Cytoplasmic fluorescence upon transfection with siGLO Control siRNA
siGLO Cyclophilin B control transfected into HeLa cells (100 nM) with DharmaFECT 1. Images captured 48 hours post-transfection. Cytoplasmic fluorescence is evident in transfected cells.