Profile quickly and efficiently the effect of your compound on cell viability
Horizon's proliferation assays provide a quick and efficient way to analyze the effect of your compound of interest on cell viability in selected cell lines prior to apoptosis studies. Our collection of over 2,000 isogenic and 800 standard cell lines allows you to choose the most relevant cell line background and genotype for your project.
- Up to 4 cell lines selected from Horizon’s cell line collection (over 2,000 isogenic and 800 standard cell lines) can be tested
- 10-point dose response curve (quadruplicates)
- Up to 4 compounds of interest can be tested
- 72 - 144 h* treatment time
- Detection: Cell viability (ATPlite®)**
- Deliverables: Interim report, dose response curves, IC50 values and raw data
*Treatment time is dependent on assumed MOA of the compounds **Cell viability assay can be multiplexed with single endpoint apoptosis assay.Please enquire for a custom assay, if this is of interest
Case study I: Response to MEK Inhibitor in Parental and KRAS Mutant Colon Cancer Cells
Case study II: Effect of Etopisode on Cell Viability and Apoptosis in Breast Cancer Cells
- MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells were treated with etoposide (0, 1, 3 and 10 mM) for 72 h.
- Cells were incubated with CellTiter-Blue to detect viability and with Caspase-3/7 Glo to detect apoptosis (caspase-3/7 positive cells) in two sequential steps.
- Conclusions: The addition of increasing concentrations of etoposide decreases cell viability and increases apoptosis.