GIPZ lentiviral shRNA are provided as individual human or mouse constructs, target gene sets, transfection or transduction starter kits and arrayed libraries. Positive and negative GIPZ shRNA controls are available in glycerol stock and viral particle formats.
GIPZ Lentiviral shRNA advantages:
- Designed for increased specificity, less toxicity
- TurboGFP marks cells expressing shRNA
- Efficient low copy knockdown- Important for pooled screens
- Genome-wide human and mouse coverage
- Perform efficient RNAi in primary and non-dividing cells
- Guaranteed* knockdown
Please note that the pGIPZ and pTRIPZ vectors are not compatible with third-generation packaging systems, such as ViraPower™ from Invitrogen. We recommend the Trans-Lentiviral™ Packaging System for use with our vectors.
* One out of three GIPZ Lentiviral shRNA is guaranteed to produce gene knockdown by ≥ 70% at the mRNA level when used with a functioning positive control. Knockdown should be compared to non-silencing control, and experimental workflow must be controlled using the provided GIPZ GAPDH positive control.
NOW AVAILABLE: NEW Human GIPZ Gene Family and Pathway Libraries
GIPZ lentiviral shRNA libraries are provided in 96-well microtiter plates containing frozen stock cultures of E.coli in LB (low salt) broth with 8% glycerol, carbenicillin (100 µg/mL), and zeocin (25 µg/mL). Individual shRNA constructs are shipped as glycerol stock cultures on wet ice. We check all cultures for growth prior to shipment. shRNA clones must be stored at -80°C.
- J. Silva et al., Second-generation shRNA libraries covering the mouse and human genomes. Nat. Genet. 37(11), 1281-8 (2005).
- R Boudreau et al., Minimizing variables among hairpin-based RNAi vectors reveals the potency of shRNAs. RNA.14, 1834-1844 (2008).
|Shipping Condition||Dry Ice|
|Storage Conditions||-80 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|
pGIPZ lentiviral vector
Effective knockdown using GIPZ lentiviral shRNA
Figure 2. OVCAR-8 cells were transduced with GIPZ lentiviral shRNA constructs at MOI = 0.4 to2 in 2 to 4 biological replicates. Cells were puromycin-selected (30 μg/mL) starting 48 hours post-transduction. RNA was isolated 84 hours posttransduction.
qPCR was performed in triplicate via TaqMan® Gene Expression Assays using 18S rRNA as an internal reference. On average, two out of three shRNA produced greater than 70% knockdown compared to the GIPZ Non-targeting Control shRNA.
TurboGFP expression in transduced cells