The Human siGENOME RTF Ion Channel siRNA Library contains SMARTpool siRNA reagents targeting transmembrane proteins having known or predicted ion channel activity. These include both ligand-gated channels, such as the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, and voltage-gated channels, such as those that regulate the passage of potassium, sodium, and calcium during polarization and depolarization of the cell membrane.
RTF siRNA libraries are provided as multiple single-use plate sets – just rehydrate, and add cells. This unique pre-plated format reduces hands-on time for faster screening results.
siGENOME siRNAs are designed with the proprietary SMARTselection design algorithm for high-efficiency, guaranteed silencing. They also incorporate rational strand bias with application of ON-TARGET modifications to optimize antisense strand loading into RISC for effective target knockdown.
- Patented dual-strand ON-TARGETplus modification pattern on all siRNAs to reduce off-targets
- Sense strand is modified to prevent interaction with RISC and favor antisense strand uptake
- Antisense strand seed region is modified to destabilize off-target activity and enhance target specificity
- Available as SMARTpool siRNA reagents or a Set of 4 siRNAs in 96-well plates
- Guaranteed target gene knockdown (see Specifications tab)
|Well||Pre-plated control||Control Catalog No.|
|A1||siGENOME Non-targeting siRNA #2||D-001210-02|
|B1||siGENOME Non-targeting siRNA #3||D-001210-03|
|C1||siGENOME Non-targeting siRNA #4||D-001210-04|
|D1||siGENOME Non-targeting siRNA #5||D-001210-05|
|E1||siGENOME Non-targeting pool #2||D-001206-14|
|F1||siGENOME Cyclophilin B control pool (H, M, R) Control siRNA||D-001136-01|
DharmaFECT transfection reagents are highly recommended for use with RTF libraries and should be purchased separately. Refer to the DharmaFECT Cell Type Guide to find the appropriate formulation for your cell type.
For a complete list of target genes in this siRNA Library, please email Technical Support, or call 1-800-235-9880. International customers, please call 303-604-9499 or your local Sales Representative.
Our siRNA knockdown guarantee
siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA reagents (SMARTpool and three of four individual siRNAs) are guaranteed to silence target gene expression by at least 75% at the mRNA level when demonstrated to have been used under optimal delivery conditions (confirmed using validated positive control and measured at the mRNA level 24 to 48 hours after transfection using 100 nM siRNA).
Note: Most siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA products are highly functional at 5 to 25 nM working concentration.
Publications using RTF Libraries
- T. Sorkina, M. Miranda, K. R. Dionne, B. R. Hoover, N. R. Zahniser, A. Sorkin, RNA interference screen reveals an essential role of Nedd4-2 in dopamine transporter ubiquitination and endocytosis. J Neurosci. 26(31), 8195-205 (2006).
- P. Monteiro, D. Gilot, E. Le Ferrec, C. Rauch, D. Lagadic-Gossmann, O. Fardel, Dioxin-mediated up-regulation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor target genes is dependent on the calcium/calmodulin/CaMKIalpha pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 73(3), 769-77 (Epub 18 December 2007, March 2008).
- A. A. Kolokoltsov, D. Deniger, E. H. Fleming, N. J. Roberts Jr, J. M. Karpilow, R. A. Davey, Small interfering RNA profiling reveals key role of clathrin-mediated endocytosis and early endosome formation for infection by respiratory syncytial virus. J Virol. 81(14), 7786-800 (Epub 9 May 2007, July 2007).
- K. M. Hussain, K. L. Leong, M. M. Ng, J. J. Chu, The essential role of clathrin-mediated endocytosis in the infectious entry of human enterovirus 71. J Biol Chem. 286(1), 309-321 (Epub 18 October 2010, 7 January 2011).
General Screening References
- B. D. Parsons, A. Schindler, D. H. Evans, E. Foley, A direct phenotypic comparison of siRNA pools and multiple individual duplexes in a functional assay. PLoS One. 4(12), e8471 (2009).
- M. Jiang, R. Instrell, B. Saunders, H. Berven, M. Howell, Tales from an academic RNAi screening facility; FAQs. Brief Funct. Genomics. 10(4), 227-237 (2011). [doi: 10.1093/bfgp/elr016]
Plate layout of siGENOME RTF siRNA Libraries
Figure 1. | Validated control siRNAs and pools are pre-dispensed into column 1 of each RTF Library plate, providing a consistent baseline for screening and assay efficiency.
Reverse Transfection Format is highly effective across cell lines
Figure 2. | Reverse transfection Format was used to assess control gene silencing (Cyclophilin B; blue bars) and viability (yellow dots) across eight cell lines under optimized conditions. In all cases, effective target gene knockdown was achieved with low cytotoxicity.
Simple four-step protocol for screening with RTF SMARTpool siRNA Libraries