Webinar: CRISPR-Cas9: From reagent selection to experimental optimization
The use of CRISPR-Cas9 for gene editing has opened up many new avenues for scientific exploration around gene function. The rapid expansion of the field has led to a wide range of technology formats for use in both gene knockout and precision knock-in genome engineering experiments. The seemingly ever-increasing toolset has also led to a widening knowledge gap for newcomers to the field to overcome in determining the proper reagents for performing experiments.
During this webinar we will discuss the basics of CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing and the key criteria and decision points in selecting reagents based on your desired application. We will review all types of guide RNA and Cas9 nuclease formats and discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each. Furthermore, we will present techniques for optimizing experimental conditions to maximize success, including functional knockout and HDR for knock-in. To provide context for the selection of different formats, we will present data showing direct comparison of Cas9 nuclease and guide RNA formats under different experimental protocols.
In this webinar you will learn
- Criteria for selection of CRISPR-Cas9 components
- Importance of guide RNA rational design for functional and specific knockout
- Optimizing delivery of CRISPR-Cas9 components
James Goldmeyer, PhD
Product Manager at Dharmacon, Inc.
James joined Dharmacon in 2009 and has lead the development and commercial launch of numerous genome-wide shRNA and gene-overexpression product lines. He also shares responsibility for, and is heavily involved in the development, of the Dharmacon Edit-R Dharmacon Gene Engineering portfolio; with emphasis on the vector-based products for lentiviral sgRNA and Cas9 nuclease expression. James works closely with an expert group of R&D scientists on innovative tools and services for gene modulation and engineering. James earned a doctorate degree in physiology and neurobiology at the University of Connecticut.
- Optimized tools for high-confidence genome engineering
- Whether your goal is gene knockout or creating a knock-in, this guide will assist you in selecting the right Edit-R tools for your genome engineering application
- Dharmacon CRISPR-Cas9 tools for targeted genome editing studies. The Edit-R product line includes ready-to-use DNA and RNA components to save time and effort