- 10 good reasons why you would benefit from custom animal models made using CRISPR Cas9
CRISPR/Cas9 technology is revolutionizing animal model generation.
- 3 quick tips to design your HDR donor oligo for maximum efficiency
Considerations for design of an optimal ssDNA donor for CRISPR-Cas9-mediated precise gene editing
- 4 great reasons for working with lentiviral microRNAs!
How to maximize success when studying microRNA regulation
- 4 things to know about your system for successful fluorescent protein tagging
What you need to know about variables that affect efficiency of HDR knock-in using CRISPR-Cas9
- 5 steps to a stable Cas9-expressing cell line
Using Edit-R Lentiviral Cas9 nuclease particles, you can generate cell lines stably expressing Cas9 nuclease in only a few steps.
- A day late, and an shRNA short - how to avoid a low-power RNAi screen
Use our software tool to estimate screening power, before screening!
- A lethal positive control for CRISPR knockout
Sometimes dead cells are a good thing! Universal cell death controls for CRISPR-Cas9 optimization.
- A multiparametric, high-content, arrayed CRISPR screen for cell cycle regulators
For high-throughput, complex phenotype screening use Synthetic CRISPR RNA
- A Role for Modified Synthetic RNA Oligos in Structural Studies
How synthetic oligos can be used as a convenient and reliable RNA source for your experiment.
- A whole new way to do functional genomics screens!
CRISPR-Cas9 lentiviral sgRNA pooled screening changes EVERYTHING
- A wide variety of murine research products at your fingertips
Mice continue to play a significant role in all facets of molecular research!
- All-in-one sgRNA for CRISPR experiments
When to express Cas9 from the same vector as your sgRNA
- All of the latest scientific posters for Gene Editing in one place!
Keep up to date with the most relevant applications and developments for the Edit-R product line.
- Alternative miRNA design for therapeutic RNAi applications
Design and performance implications of miRNA tools in vivo
- Another DNA-free Cas9 expression option is here!
We are happy to announce the launch of Edit-R Cas9 Nuclease protein NLS!
- Arrayed lentiviral CRISPR screening? Not so fast. Lessons learned from RNAi.
Whole genome arrayed shRNA libraries were described starting early in 2004
- Arrayed synthetic CRISPR RNA screen in primary T-cells validates HIV host factors
Synthetic crRNA and tracrRNA can be used in high-throughput screening applications
- Beta tool: p-value to z-score calculator
Easily convert your p-values to z-scores!
- Calculate percent gene editing with our T7EI calculator beta tool!
Ensure your percent gene editing calculations are correct
- Can we use what we learned from RNAi to guide our use of CRISPR-Cas9 technology?
Learn the key similarities and differences in design and application
- Choosing the right Cas9 nuclease
With so many to choose from - how do you know which Cas9 is best for your experiment?
- Collaboration and Sharing Best Practices in RNAi Screening
RNAi Global Initiative Members Assemble in Heidelberg, Germany
- Considerations for setting up RT-qPCR experiments for gene expression studies
Quantitative RT-PCR (qPCR) experiments enable precise and quantitative measurements of gene expression.
- Considerations for T7 Endonuclease I (T7EI) mismatch assays
An overview of design rules, benefits, and limitations of T7EI detection for CRISPR experiments
- CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing workflows
Choose the right Edit-R™ tools for your application
- CRISPR-Cas9 guide RNAs and the innate immune response
Enzymatically synthesized guide RNA can trigger unwanted cellular responses
- CRISPR-Cas9 has changed the landscape of gene modulation research
Cas9 expression is the key to higher gene editing efficiency!
- CRISPR goes green: CRISPR-Cas9 in plants
A gene editing revolution is underway in plant systems
- CRISPRa cDNA or ORF
Which gene expression technology is best for my experiment?
- CRISPRa downstream effects now it gets interesting
Detecting signaling effects of IL1R2 overexpression by CRISPRa with synthetic crRNAs
- Custom RNA you can SEE!
Cy Dye RNA labeling enables you to track your RNA.
- Custom Synthesis Resources
Choose modifications for siRNA, ssRNA,
- dCas9-VPR mRNA for quick transcriptional activation and enrichment in any cell line
While genome engineering is widely ascribed with the capacity to knock out genes of interest, new adaptations of these same molecular building-blocks are reshaping the way researchers think about the opposite: overexpression experimen
- Design considerations for highly specific and efficient synthetic crRNA molecules
Optimal guide RNAs balance functionality and specificity
- Dharmacon Edit-R CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Engineering System
When you need to knockout a gene next week, not next month
- Dharmacon SMARTvector Lentiviral shRNAs are updated and GUARANTEED!
Welcome to the newest version of our SMARTvector shRNA products
- Dharmacon Nature Reviews Genetics Poster
Tools for studying and using small RNAs: from pathways to functions & therapies
- Did you know HIGHER Cas9 expression correlates with HIGHER gene editing efficiency!
Now SMARTCas9 gives you a CHOICE of promoters for optimal Cas9 expression in your specific cells.
- Discover novel gene functions and interactions!
Loss-of-function screening on hundreds to tens of thousands of genes at once
- Doing CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing experiments? Here are your negative controls!
Two non-targeting control formats: synthetic crRNA and lentiviral sgRNA
- Editing Guaranteed with Predesigned Edit-R Guide RNAs
Use CRISPR with Confidence! Reagents you can trust for your gene editing experiments.
- Edit-R Fluorescent Cas9 nuclease mRNA named a Top 10 Innovation!
Every year since 2007, The Scientist Magazine gets hundreds (thousands?) of nominations for their Top 10 Innovations Award.
- Edit-R HDR Donor Designer for ssDNA templates
Use the HDR Donor Designer to generate a custom ssDNA oligo template for your knock-in experiment!
- Edit-R HDR Plasmid Donors for reporter knock-in
Design and order a plasmid DNA donor kit for insertion of a fluorescent marker
- Edit-R Lentiviral sgRNAs arrayed glycerol stock libraries
Arrayed collections of lentiviral sgRNA libraries for high-throughput knockout screening!
- Edit-R synthetic guide RNAs for next-generation genome mapping and structural analysis
Applications of targeted CRISPR-Cas9 labeling with potential clinical diagnostic implications
- Effective controls for gene editing
Between choosing the right reagents and detecting changes at the genomic level, many factors need to be considered to create a well-designed CRISPR-Cas9 experiment.
- Enhance DNA delivery to your cells while mitigating cell death
DharmaFECT kb: A DNA transfection reagent with a large dynamic range and low cytotoxicity!
- Expanded epigenetics library gene coverage
Functional genomic screening libraries that represent the most current findings within the field
- Find the best conditions for your gene editing experiment
Synthetic crRNA Positive Controls and DNA Mismatch Detection Primers
- Four steps to optimizing your shRNA construct
Performing RNAi with a shRNA vector is often a straightforward and well documented approach to gene knockdown.
- Frontiers in RNAi - eBook
Learn best practices for determining gene function with RNAi
- Functional knockout of a microRNA using CRISPR-Cas9
CRISPR-Cas9 can be used to knockout specific microRNAs in cell lines
- Gene family libraries for CCSB-Broad Lentiviral ORFs
Pre-arrayed gene families of expression-ready ORFs
- Genome-wide siRNA libraries for rat, chicken, cow and other critters
On-demand custom screening libraries for any species!
- Get to know more about RNA Interference
See the RNAi pathway, timeline and take the quiz!
- Got questions?
Our Technical Support team is here to help!
- Guaranteed silencing with Accell siRNA in 3 easy steps
The only self-delivering siRNA for difficult-to-transfect cells carries a functional guarantee!
- High-throughput functional genomics screen using an Edit-R crRNA library
A summary of a published arrayed CRISPR-Cas9 screen with synthetic crRNAs targeting ubiquitin enzymes
- How do we ensure the bacterial glycerol stock clones you order are alive BEFORE we ship them?
Extra measures to ensure we provide you with a viable glycerol stock of your clone!
- How much crRNA do I need?
Ordering guidelines for quantities of crRNA and tracrRNA
- Identification of genes involved in autophagy by RNAi and high throughput imaging
A whole genome siRNA screen is enabled by the IN Cell Analyzer 6000
- Improve your data analysis with BioIT beta tools
Check out the BioIT Beta Tools page to test tools created by our BioIT team!
- Increase the throughput and reproducibility of your CRISPR-Cas9 screen
Reverse transfection for high-throughput CRISPR studies
- Interested in an easier way to create knock-ins?
An innovative workflow to guide the insertion of 10-12 nucleotides into a gene of interest
- Introducing the Cherry-pick Plater for vector-based reagents!
Now you can quickly and easily generate a custom glycerol stock shRNA or over-expression library online.
- Introduction of our CRISPR screening data analysis services
Use the expertise of our bioinformatics team to help with your NGS and screening analysis
- Is it time for a new microscope to view your fluorescent knock-in cells?
Verify proper intracellular localization from HDR experiments with an IN Cell Analyzer 2200
- Is your antibody binding the right target?
Detect gene expression, knockdown, or knockout with confidence
- Lab Tips - Ensure success with appropriate controls in your RNAi experiments!
Essential controls for all of your RNAi experiments.
- Learn how screening empowers discovery
Sometimes a human promoter is optimal in mouse cells and vice versa. Dharmacon has solutions to investigate the best promoter for your cell type.
- Lentiviral sgRNA CRISPR screening in primary human immune cells
Demonstration of a repeatable pooled lentiviral sgRNA screen in primary human T cells
- Looking to optimize the delivery of RNA for CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing or RNAi?
DharmaFECT™ transfection reagents provide multiple formulations for your specific application
- Microinjection of zebrafish embryos with Dharmacon Edit-R CRISPR-Cas9 reagents
DNA-free gene editing in vivo
- More species, more lengths, easier-to-order custom CRISPR guide RNAs? You got it!
Expanded options for ordering custom guide RNAs from the CRISPR Design Tool
- Multiplexed HDR knock-in? Yes you can!
Simultaneously insert two different fluorescent reporters
- Mythbusting: single vs. two-part synthetic guide RNAs
Uncovering the truth about the differences between these CRISPR-Cas9 guide RNA formats
- New CRISPR one-gene-per-well screening tools!
Arrayed phenotypic analysis of gene editing events across entire gene families!
- Optimize your transfections with the Cytell Cell Imaging System!
Quantitative measurement removes the guesswork from siRNA transfection optimization
- Our patented 2'-ACE Chemistry Enables Advanced RNA Synthesis!
Longest RNA molecules synthetically possible, with virtually any chemical modification!
- Predesigned Guide RNA from the Edit-R CRISPR RNA algorithm
Improved functionality and specificity of genome editing experiments that only requires a gene search!
- Pro tips for a successful transfection
Are you new to transfection and don’t know where to get started?
- Products and information for your gene are only a click away
Search for your gene and get started with your research now!
- Proper assessment of gene editing with DNA mismatch detection assays
Avoid confusion! DNA cleavage and gene editing are not the same.
- Protect your precious pellet
Resources for proper handling, resuspension and quantification of your synthetic RNA
- Publish your Gene Editing Results with a Trusted Partner
Dharmacon™ Edit-R™ has been featured in over 20 peer-reviewed publications since 2015
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae - yeast - one of the oldest and most powerful genetic models
One of the most extensive sets of yeast research tools available
- See the capabilities Dharmacon brings to your research
Find the ideal RNAi, gene expression and gene editing products for your applications
- siRNA Screening: Development of Hit Stratification Strategies
Did your initial round of RNAi screening produce some hits? How do you determine which hits are true positives?
- siRNA: To pool, or not to pool?
What factors should be considered in making the decision between using an siRNA individual or pool?
- SMARTchoice Inducible shMIMIC Lentiviral microRNA enables you to do NEW things with expressed microRNAs!
The only INDUCIBLE multi-promoter, multi-marker, native microRNA context solution.
- SMARTvector Lentiviral shRNA and shMIMIC Lentiviral microRNAs are now available in pooled screening libraries!
Our most versatile lentiviral shRNAs and microRNAs in a convenient, powerful screening format
- Stabilizing modifications on Edit-R crRNA and tracrRNA
Nuclease resistance improves performance of synthetic CRISPR RNA with Cas9 mRNA
- Strategies to detect and validate your CRISPR gene edit
Once you have carried out your gene editing experiment, how will you monitor the result?
- Successful CRISPR gene editing in primary T cells
A protocol and webinar detailing use of Edit-R crRNA with electroporation of RNP
- Take a look at our Cherry-pick RNAi Library Plater!
Build plates containing just the siRNA and microRNA reagents you want
- Take control of the timing of your gene editing experiment!
Edit-R™ inducible lentiviral Cas9 nuclease gives you increased flexibility in your experiment
- The Accell siRNA advantage
A unique siRNA reagent for neuronal, immune, primary, stem, and other difficult-to-transfect cells
- The basics about lentiviral packaging safety features
Lentiviral particles can be an essential delivery tool for difficult-to-transfect cells. However, regulations regarding biosafety features can sometimes make the technology intimidating for a first-time user.
- The Dharmacon RNAi Application Guide
A great resource for RNAi applications and reagents
- The Edit-R Custom HDR Plasmid Donor Kit
A custom knock-in kit designed just for you
- The History and Key Scientific Contributions of Dharmacon
Contributions to RNAi, siRNA, shRNA, microRNA and gene expression research
- The mathematics behind DNA mismatch detection assays
Learn how to derive the equations behind mismatch detection assays
- The versatility of synthetic CRISPR-Cas9 guide RNA
An article in the Journal of Biotechnology on the applications of chemically synthesized guide RNAs
- Three reasons why you may need an arrayed crRNA library
Find out if synthetic crRNA in multiwell plates is the right option for your CRISPR-Cas9 project
- Top 4 ways to make your siRNA experiment a success
A brief guide of points to consider when planning an siRNA experiment
- Top 5 reasons to use algorithm-designed guide RNA
Design rules improve the efficiency, specificity and functionality of gene knockout
- Top 5 things to consider when starting a CRISPR-Cas9 knockout experiment
The rapid evolution of the CRISPR-Cas9 gene editing field has led to a proliferation of technology formats and applications that can seem intimidating for the first-time researcher.
- Top five considerations for ORF selection
What to think about when ordering an ORF construct
- Top three tips for troubleshooting your RNAi experiment
Are you new to RNAi experiments and need some guidance on troubleshooting?
- Using Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) to Improve Sequence Alignment Efficiency
Faster alignments increase productivity!
- Using ORFs with variable stop positions
To stop or not to stop, but where is the question
- Variant-specific knockdown by siRNA
How to use the siDESIGN Center to design isoform or gene variant-specific siRNAs
- View the new poster presentation video demonstrating the creation of knockins with the Edit-R CRISPR-Cas9 system.
Lipid-mediated transfection of CRISPR-Cas9 and single-strand DNA oligos for homology-directed repair
- What is CRISPRa or CRISPR activation?
CRISPR-Cas9 for gene overexpression and down-regulation
- World Class RNA Research in Colorado: Past, Present, and Future
A look inside the University of Colorado’s RNA Club
- Xenopus Laevis ORFeome
Xenopus ORF entry clone library derived from the XGC!
- You can design custom CRISPR RNA with the Dharmacon CRISPR Design Tool
The CRISPR Design Tool enables targeting any region of a genome, even in non-standard species