Webinar: A workflow for CRISPR-Cas9 high throughput arrayed screening with synthetic crRNA
There is rapidly growing interest in using the CRISPR-Cas9 system for functional screening, both as a primary screening tool and as an orthogonal tool for RNAi hit validation. High throughput synthesis, combined with a proprietary algorithm that selects highly functional and specific guide RNAs, allows rapid generation of CRISPR RNA (crRNA) collections in arrayed formats. Arrayed crRNA screens offer the advantage of applying sophisticated assays, such as those requiring high-content microscopy, to investigate phenotypes that involve intracellular localization, morphological changes, or require time-lapse investigation. While pooled lentiviral sgRNA screens have demonstrated utility for loss-of-function studies, the types of assays used are typically limited to viability, sensitization, and some reporter assays. We will demonstrate the application of arrayed screening with synthetic crRNA libraries across multiple assay types, and present considerations for experimental success.
In this webinar you will learn
- Key factors in successful arrayed crRNA screening
- Benefits of the dual CRISPR guide RNA system
- Guidelines for optimization of reverse transfection with crRNA and tracrRNA
- Recommendations for Cas9 nuclease selection in screening applications
- Availability of supporting products and resources
About the Presenter
Senior Product Manager
Louise joined Dharmacon RNA Technologies in 2005 and has led the development of multiple genome-wide siRNA and microRNA product lines. She is responsible for developing and expanding the Dharmacon Edit-R Genome Engineering portfolio.
Now that you’ve had an overview of arrayed criRNA screening and the key steps to success, hopefully you’re ready to get started yourself!
- Customize and order plates of predesigned crRNA for knockout studies for your targets of interest.
- Plated pre-defined collections of popular human and mouse gene families for arrayed knockout screening.
- Optimized tools for high-confidence genome engineering
- Find product guides, FAQs and more.