Duet siRNA Libraries are paired libraries of siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA SMARTpool reagents. The Human Duet Drug Targets library includes genes involved with apoptosis, senesence, nucleic acid binding, autophagy, DNA repair, and characterized nuclear receptors, along with other genes that are considered potential targets for therapeutics not already contained in other libraries.
Drug Targets may be ordered on its own or as one of nine subset libraries in the Druggable Genome siRNA Library (see Figure 1, Supporting Data tab).
- Increase confidence in your RNAi screen with two guaranteed, highly functional SMARTpool siRNA reagents (see Figure 2, Supporting Data tab)
- Screen the libraries side-by-side to move high confidence hits through the pipeline faster (see Figure 3, Supporting Data tab)
- Use the libraries separately as a cost-effective way to obtain two guaranteed collections of highly potent siRNA reagents
Both siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA reagents utilize the same SMARTselection foundational elements for highly functional designs. ON-TARGETplus designs are additionally filtered for specificity-enhancing features that improve the potential for unique designs.
- In 30% of genes (across the human genome), all eight siRNA sequences targeting a single gene are unique.
- Only 5% of genes share four siRNA sequences across both product lines.
- Even in cases of identical designs, it has been widely demonstrated that ON-TARGETplus specificity-enhancing modifications provide distinct and reduced off-target signatures and thus can be treated as unique silencing reagents.
For a complete list of target genes in this siRNA Library, please contact Technical Support.
Our siRNA knockdown guarantee
siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA reagents (SMARTpool and three of four individual siRNAs) are guaranteed to silence target gene expression by at least 75% at the mRNA level when demonstrated to have been used under optimal delivery conditions (confirmed using validated positive control and measured at the mRNA level 24 to 48 hours after transfection using 100 µnM siRNA).
Note: Most siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA products are highly functional at 5 to 25 µnM working concentration.
Drug Targets make up part of Druggable Genome Collection
Figure 1 | The Drug Targets siRNA library consists of high-confidence gene targets based on publications that characterize potential druggable targets and was assembled with use of innovative bioinfomatics tools to analyze genetic and ontological information from multiple databases. This siRNA collection excludes gene targets available in other siRNA libraries: kinases, g-protein coupled receptors, proteases, phosphatases, ion channels, and genes involved with ubiquitin conjugation.
siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus SMARTpool reagents are highly potent
Figure 2 | Target mRNA knockdown in a screen with siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus SMARTpool siRNA reagents was highly effective, even at concentrations of 2 nM. In extended studies, ON-TARGETplus also was effective in reducing false phenotypes due to off-targets.
Duet siRNA libraries support high-confidence screening workflows
Figure 3 | By leveraging the high-efficiency silencing of market-leading siRNA reagents, the execution of a Duet siRNA screen with two unique SMARTpool siRNA reagents (siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus) increases overall primary hit quality and reduces follow-up experimental time and effort.
- B.D. Parsons, A. Schindler, D.H. Evans, E. Foley, A direct phenotypic comparison of siRNA pools and multiple individual duplexes in a functional assay. PLoS One. 4(12), e8471 (2009).
- M. Jiang, R. Instrell, B. Saunders, H. Berven, M. Howell, Tales from an academic RNAi screening facility; FAQs. Brief Funct. Genomics. 10(4), 227-237 (2011). [doi: 10.1093/bfgp/elr016]