Duet siRNA Libraries are paired libraries of siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA SMARTpool reagents. The Human Epigenetics siRNA Library targets enzyme classes characterized to play a role in epigenetic mechanisms. These inheritable factors that regulate genetic expression are of growing importance to scientific understanding of disease progression and trait inheritance. Modification of histones, such as methylation or acetylation, plays a key role in epigenetics as the extent to which DNA is wrapped around these protein complexes will alter the availability of genes in those DNA segments to be activated. The Epigenetics library targets genes which encode histone and DNA modification factors like methyltransferases, acetyltransferases, kinases and deacetylases, in addition to genes with a role in chromatin remodeling and histone ubiquitination.
- Increase confidence in your RNAi screen with two guaranteed, highly functional SMARTpool siRNA reagents (see Figure 1, Supporting Data tab)
- Screen the libraries side-by-side to move high confidence hits through the pipeline faster (see Figure 2, Supporting Data tab)
- Use the libraries separately as a cost-effective way to obtain two guaranteed collections of highly potent siRNA reagents
Both siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA reagents utilize the same SMARTselection foundational elements for highly functional designs. ON-TARGETplus designs are additionally filtered for specificity-enhancing features that improve the potential for unique designs.
- In 30% of genes (across the human genome), all eight siRNA sequences targeting a single gene are unique.
- Only 5% of genes share four siRNA sequences across both product lines.
- Even in cases of identical designs, it has been widely demonstrated that ON-TARGETplus specificity-enhancing modifications provide distinct and reduced off-target signatures and thus can be treated as unique silencing reagents.
For a complete list of target genes in this siRNA Library, please contact Technical Support or your local Sales Representative.
siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus SMARTpool reagents are highly potent
Figure 1 | Target mRNA knockdown in a screen with siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus SMARTpool siRNA reagents was highly effective, even at concentrations of 2 nM. In extended studies, ON-TARGETplus also was effective in reducing false phenotypes due to off-targets.
Duet siRNA libraries support high-confidence screening workflows
Figure 2 | Our products offer more guaranteed siRNA reagents than any other provider to enable the broadest range of siRNA screening strategies. By leveraging the high-efficiency silencing of market-leading siRNA reagents, the execution of a Duet siRNA screen with two unique SMARTpool siRNA reagents (siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus) increases overall primary hit quality and reduces follow-up experimental time and effort.
- B.D. Parsons, A. Schindler, D.H. Evans, E. Foley, A direct phenotypic comparison of siRNA pools and multiple individual duplexes in a functional assay. PLoS One. 4(12), e8471 (2009).
- M. Jiang, R. Instrell, B. Saunders, H. Berven, M. Howell, Tales from an academic RNAi screening facility; FAQs. Brief Funct. Genomics. 10(4), 227-237 (2011). [doi: 10.1093/bfgp/elr016]
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|