The Human ON-TARGETplus RTF Ion Channel library contains siRNA reagents targeting transmembrane proteins having known or predicted ion channel activity. These include both ligand-gated channels, such as the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors, and voltage-gated channels, such as those that regulate the passage of potassium, sodium, and calcium during polarization and depolarization of the cell membrane.
RTF siRNA libraries are provided as multiple single-use plate sets – just rehydrate and add cells. This unique pre-plated format reduces hands-on time for faster screening results.
ON-TARGETplus modifications combine sense strand inactivation with a novel seed-region modification. This patented siRNA approach is the best strategy to prevent off-target effects caused by both the sense and antisense strands while maintaining high silencing potency.
- Six ready-to-use 96-well plate sets provided for two triplicate screens
- Pre-plated, validated RNAi controls included
- No aliquoting necessary, just resuspend and add cells
- siRNA reagents provided in clear plates at 6.25 pmol per well (50 nM final screening concentration)
- Black or white clear-bottom plates available to support assays involving fluorescent or luminescent detection
|Well||Pre-plated control||Control Catalog No.|
|A1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting siRNA #1||D-001810-01|
|B1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting siRNA #2||D-001810-02|
|C1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting siRNA #3||D-001810-03|
|D1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting siRNA #4||D-001810-04|
|E1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting pool||D-001810-10|
|F1||ON-TARGETplus Human Cyclophilin B control pool||D-001820-10|
DharmaFECT transfection reagents are highly recommended for use with RTF libraries and should be purchased separately. Refer to the DharmaFECT Cell Type Guide to find the appropriate formulation for your cell type.
For a complete list of target genes in this siRNA Library, please contact Technical Support or your local Sales Representative.
Our siRNA knockdown guarantee
siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA reagents (SMARTpool and three of four individual siRNAs) are guaranteed to silence target gene expression by at least 75% at the mRNA level when demonstrated to have been used under optimal delivery conditions (confirmed using validated positive control and measured at the mRNA level 24 to 48 hours after transfection using 100 �nM siRNA).
Note: Most siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA products are highly functional at 5 to 25 �nM working concentration.
Publications using RTF Libraries
- T. Sorkina, M. Miranda, K.R. Dionne, B.R. Hoover, N.R. Zahniser, A. Sorkin, RNA interference screen reveals an essential role of Nedd4-2 in dopamine transporter ubiquitination and endocytosis. J Neurosci. 26(31), 8195-205 (2006).
- P. Monteiro, D. Gilot, E. Le Ferrec, C. Rauch, D. Lagadic-Gossmann, O. Fardel, Dioxin-mediated up-regulation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor target genes is dependent on the calcium/calmodulin/CaMKIalpha pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 73(3), 769-77 (Epub 18 December 2007, March 2008).
- A. A. Kolokoltsov, D. Deniger, E. H. Fleming, N.J. Roberts Jr, J. M. Karpilow, R. A. Davey, Small interfering RNA profiling reveals key role of clathrin-mediated endocytosis and early endosome formation for infection by respiratory syncytial virus. J Virol. 81(14), 7786-800 (Epub 9 May 2007, July 2007).
- K. M. Hussain, K. L. Leong, M. M. Ng, J. J. Chu, The essential role of clathrin-mediated endocytosis in the infectious entry of human enterovirus 71. J Biol Chem. 286(1), 309-321 (Epub 18 October 2010, 7 January 2011).
General Screening References
- B.D. Parsons, A. Schindler, D.H. Evans, E. Foley, A direct phenotypic comparison of siRNA pools and multiple individual duplexes in a functional assay. PLoS One. 4(12), e8471 (2009).
- M. Jiang, R. Instrell, B. Saunders, H. Berven, M. Howell, Tales from an academic RNAi screening facility; FAQs. Brief Funct. Genomics. 10(4), 227-237 (2011). [doi: 10.1093/bfgp/elr016]
Plate layout of ON-TARGETplus RTF siRNA Libraries
Reverse Transfection Format is highly effective across cell lines
Eight cell lines were transfected with control siRNAs targeting Cyclophilin B using RTF plates. Good cellular viability and effective target silencing were accomplished under optimized conditions. Gene knockdown is normalized to GAPDH expression. Cell plating densities are indicated in parentheses. Gene expression was determined 48 hours posttransfection by branched DNA assay (Panomics Quantigene® Reagent System) (blue bars). Cell viability was determined by alamarBlue® metabolic assay (gold circles).
Simple four-step protocol for screening with RTF SMARTpool siRNA Libraries