The Mouse ON-TARGETplus RTF Ubiquitin Conjugation Subset 1 siRNA library contains siRNA reagents targeting Cullin, E1, E2, and HECT E3 Ligases. Assessment of effects of E1 and E2 enzymes will provide a reasonable idea as to whether components of the ubiquitin system are involved. Also included are members of the HECT family of E3 ligases, which differ from the large majority of known E3s (RING finger and RING finger-like) in functioning as catalytic intermediates in ubiquitin conjugation.
RTF siRNA libraries are provided as multiple single-use plate sets – just rehydrate, and add cells. This unique pre-plated format reduces hands-on time for faster screening results.
ON-TARGETplus modifications combine sense strand inactivation with a novel seed-region modification. This patented siRNA approach is the best strategy to prevent off-target effects caused by both the sense and antisense strands while maintaining high-silencing potency.
- Six ready-to-use 96-well plate sets provided for two triplicate screens
- Pre-plated, validated RNAi controls included
- No aliquoting necessary, just resuspend and add cells
- siRNA reagents provided in clear plates at 6.25 pmol per well (50 nM final screening concentration)
- Black or white clear-bottom plates available to support assays involving fluorescent or luminescent detection
|Well||Pre-plated control||Control Catalog No.|
|A1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting siRNA #1||D-001810-01|
|B1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting siRNA #2||D-001810-02|
|C1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting siRNA #3||D-001810-03|
|D1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting siRNA #4||D-001810-04|
|E1||ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting pool||D-001810-10|
|F1||ON-TARGETplus Mouse Cyclophilin B control pool||D-001820-20|
DharmaFECT transfection reagents are highly recommended for use with RTF libraries and should be purchased separately. Refer to the DharmaFECT Cell Type Guide to find the appropriate formulation for your cell type.
For a complete list of target genes in this siRNA Library, please contact Technical Support.
For a thorough investigation of the ubiquitin pathway, you may also consider these additional libraries:
Our siRNA knockdown guarantee
siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA reagents (SMARTpool and three of four individual siRNAs) are guaranteed to silence target gene expression by at least 75% at the mRNA level when demonstrated to have been used under optimal delivery conditions (confirmed using validated positive control and measured at the mRNA level 24 to 48 hours after transfection using 100 nM siRNA).
Note: Most siGENOME and ON-TARGETplus siRNA products are highly functional at 5 to 25 nM working concentration.
Simple four-step protocol for screening with RTF SMARTpool siRNA Libraries
Publications using RTF Libraries
- T. Sorkina, M. Miranda, K. R. Dionne, B. R. Hoover, N. R. Zahniser, A. Sorkin, RNA interference screen reveals an essential role of Nedd4-2 in dopamine transporter ubiquitination and endocytosis. J Neurosci. 26(31), 8195-205 (2006).
- P. Monteiro, D. Gilot, E. Le Ferrec, C. Rauch, D. Lagadic-Gossmann, O. Fardel, Dioxin-mediated up-regulation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor target genes is dependent on the calcium/calmodulin/CaMKIalpha pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 73(3), 769-77 (Epub 18 December 2007, March 2008).
- A. A. Kolokoltsov, D. Deniger, E. H. Fleming, N. J. Roberts Jr, J. M. Karpilow, R. A. Davey, Small interfering RNA profiling reveals key role of clathrin-mediated endocytosis and early endosome formation for infection by respiratory syncytial virus. J Virol. 81(14), 7786-800 (Epub 9 May 2007, July 2007).
- K. M. Hussain, K. L. Leong, M. M. Ng, J. J. Chu, The essential role of clathrin-mediated endocytosis in the infectious entry of human enterovirus 71. J Biol Chem. 286(1), 309-321 (Epub 18 October 2010, 7 January 2011).
General Screening References
- B. D. Parsons, A. Schindler, D. H. Evans, E. Foley, A direct phenotypic comparison of siRNA pools and multiple individual duplexes in a functional assay. PLoS One. 4(12), e8471 (2009).
- M. Jiang, R. Instrell, B. Saunders, H. Berven, M. Howell, Tales from an academic RNAi screening facility; FAQs. Brief Funct. Genomics. 10(4), 227-237 (2011). [doi: 10.1093/bfgp/elr016]
The most broadly applicable DharmaFECT formulation for optimal siRNA or microRNA transfection into a wide range of cell types for successful RNAi experiments