siGLO Green Transfection Indicator is a fluorescent oligonucleotide duplex that localizes to the nucleus, thus concentrating its signal to permit unambiguous visual assessment of uptake into mammalian cells. It is ideal for use in optimization experiments to determine optimal siRNA, crRNA:tracrRNA, or microRNA reagent transfection conditions and for monitoring relative delivery efficiency. siGLO Green (6-FAM) Transfection Indicator exhibits nearly 100% signal localization to the nucleus and represents an ideal choice for lipid-mediated transfection optimization.
Transfection Indicators are intended as a qualitative indicator of delivery and should not be used for quantitative estimation of experimental results (e.g. gene knockdown or knockout). They do not interact with RISC or Cas9 nuclease so have no gene silencing or DNA cleavage properties.
- FAM-labeled Transfection Indicator exhibits nearly 100% signal localization to the nucleus with traditional transfection reagents
- Absorbance/Emission Max is 494/520nm, a FITC filter can be used
- Specially modified, fluorescent RNA duplex for simplified transfection assessment - without performing a functional assay
- Fluorescent signal localizes to the nucleus as an unmistakable signal of uptake
- Use as an indicator of transfection success in anyexperiment requiring synthetic RNA delivery (siRNA, crRNA:tracrRNA, sgRNA, or microRNA)
siGLO Green and siGLO Red Transfection Indicators simplify transfection optimization
Assessment of nuclear fluorescence permits easy optimization of conditions that result in efficient siRNA delivery into cells. siGLO transfection indicators are specially designed for nuclear localization for a bright, clear signal of transfection success. siGLO Green Transfection Indicator (50 nM) was transfected into HeLa cells with DharmaFECT 1 (0.15 ug/100 uL well). After 24 hours, cells were washed with 1x PBS and stained with Hoechst 3342 nuclear dye (blue).
The most broadly applicable DharmaFECT formulation for optimal siRNA or microRNA transfection into a wide range of cell types for successful RNAi experiments
Concentrated buffer solution recommended for resuspension and long-term storage of any short, double-strand, or single-strand synthetic RNA molecule. Dilute with RNase-free water prior to use.
Molecular grade water for dilution of 5x siRNA Buffer or resuspension of RNA. RNase-free to prevent degradation of RNA reagents and oligonucleotides.