Ideal for use in primary or difficult to transfect cells, Precision LentiORFs can be used to create stably expressing cell lines, investigate overexpression phenotypes, or perform RNAi rescue experiments.
- Lentiviral ORF constructs require no subcloning for mammalian expression
- Fully sequenced coding sequences
- CMV promoter for robust protein expression
- GFP reporter is transported to the nucleus for easy tracking of protein expression
- Blasticidin resistance for selection of stable cell lines
- Secondary tags can be added to the MultiTag cloning site located downstream of the coding sequence
- Clones are available with or without native stop codons
- Available as arrayed glycerol stocks in 96-well microtiter plates
Potential applications of Precision LentiORFs include gene overexpression experiments, RNAi rescue (see the RNAi Rescue using Precision LentiORF technical note), and expression of human proteins in mammalian cell lines. Primary and non-dividing cells can be readily transduced with ready-to-use lentiviral particles transfected with Precision LentiORF constructs directly into your cell line. For generating your own viral particles, Trans-Lentiviral ORF packaging kits are also available.
The Precision LentiORF expression vectors are not compatible with third generation packaging systems. We recommend the Trans-Lentiviral Packaging System for use with these vectors.
Dharmacon is a distributor of multiple gene expression clone collections (cDNAs and ORFs). These clone collections were generated by groups outside of Dharmacon and thus the quality of the collections is largely dependent upon what Dharmacon received from these groups. Specific clone information and plate coordinates were provided to Dharmacon by the suppliers of these clone collections. Dharmacon has not sequence verified each individual clone from these collections. These collections and individual clones are distributed "as is" with no additional product validation or guarantees. Dharmacon has established quality procedures to ensure that individual clones are picked from the identified well in a plate, grown on the correct antibiotic, and are free of phage contamination. Due to the quality of the information provided to Dharmacon, the clone you receive might not match the expected clone. If this occurs, please contact Scientific Support Team.
Visually track Precision LentiORF expression
Nuclear localized TurboGFP expressed from cells transduced with Precision LentiORF viral particles.
Cell cycle phenotypes with ORF expressing PLK1.
Immunocytochemistry of HEK293T cells showing cellular morphology of cytoplasm (Anti-tubulin - red) and nucleus (DAPI - blue).
pLOC vector map
pLOC vector map
Optimize Precision LentiORF expresson level by adjusting MOI
Western blot analysis shows that the level of expression can be optimized by controlling the number of viral particles per cell.
- E. M. Briso, J. Guinea-Viniegra, L. Bakiri, Z. Rogon, P. Petzelbauer, R. Eils, R. Wolf, M. Rincón, P. Angel, and E. F. Wagner, Inflammation-mediated skin tumorigenesis induced by epidermal c-Fos. Genes & Dev.27:1959-1973 (Sep 2013).
- A. V. Shinde, R. K. Motiani, X. Zhang, I. F. Abdullaev, A. P. Adam, J. C. González-Cobos, W. Zhang, K. Matrougui, P. A. Vincent, and M. Trebak, STIM1 Controls Endothelial Barrier Function Independently of Orai1 and Ca2+ Entry. Sci. Signal.6:ra18 (Mar 2013).
- H. Fayyad-Kazan, R. Rouas, M. Merimi, N. El Zein, P. Lewalle, F. Jebbawi, M. Mourtada, H. Badran, M. Ezzeddine, B. Salaun, P. Romero, A. Burny, P. Martiat, and B. Badran, Valproate Treatment of Human Cord Blood CD4-positive Effector T Cells Confers on Them the Molecular Profile (MicroRNA Signature and FOXP3 Expression) of Natural Regulatory CD4-positive Cells through Inhibition of Histone Deacetylase. J. Biol. Chem.285:20481-20491 (Jul 2010).