Lincode Non-targeting Control siRNAs are ideal negative controls for RNAi experiments for knockdown of human long, noncoding RNAs (lncRNAs). Each of the four available Lincode Non-targeting siRNAs are designed to leverage seed-region optimization and proprietary dual-strand modification patterns to have fewer off-targets than traditionally designed negative control siRNAs. Changes in cells treated with these controls reflect a baseline cellular response that can be compared to the levels in cells treated with target-specific siRNA.
- Ideal negative control for RNAi experiments in human, mouse, and rat cells
- Chemically matched for use with Lincode siRNA reagents
- Screened by genome-wide microarray analysis for minimal off-targets
These controls are identical to the ON-TARGETplus Non-targeting siRNAs 1-4 (Cat# D-001810-01, -02, -03, -04). They are also being sold under the Lincode name for ease of ordering by customers new to RNAi. Either catalog item is suitable for Lincode and ON-TARGETplus siRNA experiments.
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|
Sense strand activity is prevented by siRNA modifications
Lincode siRNAs are modified with a proprietary dual-strand modification that improves siRNA functionality. Additionally, off-targets are reduced due to:
- Inactivation of passenger strand activity; driving preferential loading of the guide strand into RISC
- Novel seed region modifications for disruption of microRNA-like off-targets