Derived from the C. elegans ORFeome Library v1.1, the C. elegans RNAi collection provides comprehensive coverage for screening with over 11,000 RNAi clones. These constructs are cloned into the pL4440-dest-RNAi Destination vector and are archived as glycerol stocks of the E. coli feeding strain HT115(DE3). Minipreps of this DNA can be used as templates for in vitro dsRNA synthesis before RNAi application by soaking or injection.
- Coverage - C. elegans RNAi collection contains over 11,000 RNAi clones
- Feeding ready format - after being cloned into the feeding vector PL4440, the cloned ORFs have been transformed into the RNAi feeding bacterial strain HT115(DE3)
- RNAi versatility - plasmid preps of the ORF-RNAi clones can be used as templates for in vitro dsRNA synthesis for soaking or injection
We provide certain clone resources developed by leading academic laboratories. Many of these resources address the needs of specialized research communities not served by other commercial entities. In order to provide these as a public resource, we depend on the contributing academic laboratories for quality control.
Therefore, these are distributed in the format provided by the contributing institution "as is" with no additional product validation or guarantee. We are not responsible for any errors or performance issues. Additional information can be found in the product manual as well as in associated published articles (if available). Alternatively, the source academic institution can be contacted directly for troubleshooting.
Clones are provided as a live culture in a 2 mL tube. Each tube contains LB medium supplemented with 8% glycerol and the appropriate antibiotic. We will ship your clone at room temperature via express delivery. Store the stock clone at -80°C.
Orders of 50 clones or greater and stock plates will be provided in microtiter plates. These will ship on dry-ice via overnight delivery and should be stored at -80°C immediately upon receipt. Please contact our customer service department for a quote and estimated shipping time on bulk orders.
Orders for the entire C. elegans Promoter collection are provided in 96-well microtiter plates. These will ship on dry-ice via overnight delivery and should be stored at -80°C immediately upon receipt. Please contact our customer service department for estimated shipping time on orders for the entire collection.
|Shipping Condition||Dry Ice, Frozen Gel Packs|
|Storage Conditions||-80 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|
- J. F. Rual et al., Toward Improving Caenorhabditis elegans Phenome Mapping With an ORFeome-Based RNAi Library. Genome Res. 14(10b),2162–2168 (2004).
- L. Timmons et al., Specific interference by ingested dsRNA. Nature. 395, 854 (1998).