The siGLO Red Transfection Indicator is a fluorescent oligonucleotide duplex that localizes to the nucleus, thus permitting unambiguous visual assessment of uptake into mammalian cells. It is ideal for use in optimization experiments to determine optimal siRNA, crRNA:tracrRNA, or microRNA reagent transfection conditions and for monitoring relative delivery efficiency.
Transfection Indicators are intended as a qualitative indicator of delivery and should not be used for quantitative estimation of experimental results (e.g. gene knockdown or knockout). They do not interact with RISC or Cas9 nuclease so have no gene silencing or DNA cleavage properties.
siGLO Red Transfection Indicator (DY-547) may show some punctate staining, but has a stronger signal at lower concentration than siGLO Green. It is suitable for transfection, electroporation or nucleofection.
- DY-547-labeled Transfection Indicator exhibits a strong signal at low concentration
- DY-547 is a Cy3 analog
- Absorbance/Emission Max is 557/570 nm
- A Cy3, Rhodamine or PE filter can be used
- Specially modified, fluorescent RNA duplex for simplified transfection assessment - without performing a functional assay
- Fluorescent signal localizes to the nucleus as an unmistakable signal of uptake
- Use as an indicator of transfection success in any experiment requiring delivery of synthetic RNA (siRNA, crRNA:tracrRNA, sgRNA, microRNA)
To request a larger quantity or in vivo processing of this control product, please email Technical Support, or call 1-800-235-9880. International customers, please call 303-604-9499 or your local Sales Representative.
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|
siGLO Green and siGLO Red Transfection Indicators simplify transfection optimization
Assessment of nuclear fluorescence permits easy optimization of conditions that result in efficient siRNA delivery into cells. siGLO transfection indicators are specially designed for nuclear localization for a bright, clear signal of transfection success. siGLO Green Transfection Indicator (50 nM) was transfected into HeLa cells with DharmaFECT 1 (0.15 ug/100 uL well). After 24 hours, cells were washed with 1x PBS and stained with Hoechst 3342 nuclear dye (blue).