Arrayed phenotypic analysis of gene editing events across entire gene families!
The ability to make precise and permanent changes to endogenous gene expression is a highly effective reverse genetics tool enabling the systematic interrogation of mammalian genome function. Genome engineering has been greatly advanced recently with the characterization and commercialization of bacterial CRISPR (clustered regularly interspaced short palindromic repeats)-based tools for use in mammalian cells to make very targeted edits to genes in order to study their function.
New arrayed libraries
The Dharmacon Edit-R CRISPR-Cas9 synthetic crRNA approach greatly expands the possibilities for high throughput gene knockout screening. Whereas existing tools support pooled lentiviral screening, the types of biological questions that can be interrogated by pooled screens is limited, and requires NGS for deconvolution of hits. Now, gene-by-gene investigation of entire gene families or biological pathways is enabled by our newly launched custom and predefined arrayed libraries of Edit-R synthetic crRNA reagents. Arrayed screening opens up a wider range of cellular phenotypes, including high content analysis, to fully harness the power of precision gene knockout.
Highlights of the new Edit-R crRNA Libraries
- Edit-R predesigned crRNA are selected by the Edit-R algorithm as highly functional and specific to their target sequences for more robust, reliable gene knockout
- Four unique crRNA designs per gene, providing multiple data points for high confidence in phenotypic results
- Conveniently arrayed in 96-well plates, 80 wells filled per plate, and offered as gene family collections
- Also available as custom crRNA cherry-pick libraries of up to five crRNA per gene; simply upload your own gene list and customize your plates
Learn more about our new arrayed Edit-R catalog collections! »
- Customize and order plates of predesigned crRNA for knockout studies for your targets of interest
CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Editing
- Optimized tools for high-confidence genome engineering
CRISPR-Cas9 Screening libraries
- Pooled sgRNA or arrayed crRNA for high-throughput gene editing studies