Modular Pin-point™ base editing system facilitates highly efficient and precise nucleotide conversion with the potential for multiplex gene editing capabilities. The modularity of the system means we can offer a customizable, off-the-shelf system for base editing.
Pin-point base editing technology
Horizon’s Pin-point base editing technology is a three-component system featuring a nickase Cas9 which recruits the effector deaminase through fusion to an aptamer-binding protein. The aptamer is linked to the guide RNA associated with the nuclease in an extended, chimeric RNA scaffold. The modular nature of effector recruitment means that nCas9 can be used for the knockout of one or more gene targets while simultaneously inserting a transgene.
Coming soon from Horizon for your base editing applications
- Guide RNA with patented and proprietary aptamer
- Modified Cas9 - nickase Cas9 (nCas9)
- Deaminase fused to an aptamer binding protein
Benefits of Pin-point platform include:
- MODULAR SYSTEM for optimized research
- HIGH EFFICIENCY gene editing platform
- MULTIPLEX EDITING across several targets
- IMPROVED SAFETY over standard CRISPR-Cas9
- VERSATILE TECHNOLOGY for targeted editing
- VALIDATED PERFORMANCE in T cells and iPSCs