To shop for Lincode siRNA Reagents - Mouse, please select a Gene.
Lincode siRNA reagents are an important tool for the study of long noncoding RNA (lncRNA); an emerging class of regulatory molecules whose roles are still being fully elucidated. The Lincode pre-designed human siRNA reagents benefit from expert siRNA design and proprietary dual-strand modifications for specificity. Simply search for your gene of interest and choose from the available product formats and quantities.
- Pre-designed against 9801 characterized lncRNAs (NR_ and XR_ transcripts) in Mouse RefSeq v.65
- Lincode siRNAs carry proprietary dual-strand chemical modifications to ensure optimal strand loading for the reduction of off-targets
- SMARTpool reagent technology that targets multiple regions of the lncRNA to improve the likelihood of RNAi-mediated degradation
The importance of high-confidence siRNA reagents in lncRNA knockdown studies
lncRNA may be more difficult to silence than protein-coding genes due to:
- Nuclear localization of the lncRNA, reducing availability to RNAi cellular machinery
- Tertiary structure of the lncRNA, preventing siRNA access to the target region
- DNA or protein binding to the lncRNA, preventing siRNA access to the target region
Available Product Formats
- SMARTpool: A mixture of 4 siRNA provided as a single reagent; providing advantages in both potency and specificity.
- Set of 4: Discounted price on the Set of 4 siRNAs targeting a single gene. NO PRIOR PURCHASE REQUIRED.
- Individual siRNAs: Select 1, 2, or 3 individual siRNAs per gene. Minimum purchase of four at the 2 nmol size.
- C.P. Ponting, P.L. Oliver, Evolution and Functions of Long Noncoding RNAs. Cell 136, 629-641 (2009).
- L. Da Sacco, A. Baldassarre and A. Masotti. Bioinformatics Tools and Novel Challenges in Long Non-Coding RNAs (lncRNAs) Functional Analysis. Int. J. Mol. Sci. 13, 97-114 (2012)
|Storage Conditions||-20 C|
|Stability at Recommended Storage Conditions||At least 12 months|
Detection of effective lncRNA knockdown following application of Lincode siRNA
Lincode modifications enhance function and reduce off-targets
Lincode siRNA modifications greatly reduce off-targets
Robust qPCR assays are necessary for accurate determination of lncRNA expression levels