From target selection to patient stratification
CRISPR screening is a powerful and versatile tool that enables genome-wide interrogation of gene function. It's innovative technology allows researchers to systematically analyze the role of genes and their functions, paving the way for better understanding of diseases and the development of novel therapies.
See a typical CRISPR screening workflow below:
CRISPR Screening Services
Horizon offers comprehensive CRISPR screening services from screen design and cell line selection to sophisticated bioinformatics analysis of the screen results. Our best-in-class CRISPR KO (knockout), CRISPRi (interference) and CRISPRa (activation) screening platforms can significantly advance our customers’ drug development programs by offering the highest quality and highest confidence in their screening results.
Data analysis services, including sample preparation, Next-Gen Sequencing, and hit calling, can be provided for users of Edit-R Lentiviral sgRNA Pooled Screening Libraries. Simply provide whole cell pellets for each of your samples and we’ll do the rest. We can also help with the NGS data analysis and hit calling for data created using the Edit-R Pooled sgRNA Indexing PCR and Sequencing Primer Kits.
Types of CRISPR Screen
Our expertise includes whole-genome and custom targeted drug resistance and sensitivity screens, synthetic lethality target discovery screens and complex phenotypic screens using a FACS-based readout. We have optimized 50+ cell lines for CRISPR screening and have completed over 300 screens to date.
We offer a choice of CRISPR screen types depending on the expression effect you require:
- CRISPR KO screening with complete loss of gene expression provides the maximal window for phenotypic effect and high statistical power for hit discovery.
- CRISPRi screening represses expression rather than completely knocking out the target gene and is ideally suited to study druggability and to evaluate the function of genes that when knocked-out are essential or that are amplified.
- CRISPRa screening amplifies gene expression in its endogenous context and enables for the first time, to study activation-linked responses on a genome-wide level.
- Dual CRISPRi/a screening utilizes both loss-of-function and gain-of-function gene modulation allowing for improved rate of target discovery. Gain deep insights into the biological effects of down- and up-regulating genes in parallel within the same experimental model.
For more information use the links provided or contact our team.
- Read about how CRISPR-Cas9 screening is a powerful approach to advance drug discovery research and explore the various options and considerations to help you select the correct screening approach to suit your needs.
- See our CRISPRi application note and our CRISPRa application notethat details the data behind transcriptional repression screening with genome-wide CRISPR interference and CRISPR activation.
- Watch our CRISPR screening applications webinar.