Edit-R CRISPR-Cas9 Gene Knockout CRISPRa and HDR Products
Optimized tools for high-confidence genome engineering
- Higher assurance of functional knockout or transcriptional activation from predesigned genomewide guide RNAs
- Improve expression of dCas9-VPR or Cas9 nuclease by choosing an optimal promoter for your cell type
- High-quality synthetic and lentiviral reagents to meet every experimental need
- Licensed from the Broad Institute as provider of CRISPR reagents for research use
All-in-one Lentiviral sgRNA Products
- Genome-wide combined Cas9 and sgRNAs for efficient gene knockout & unparalleled specificity; available as glycerol stocks and high-titer purified particles.
- Control all-in-one lentiviral sgRNAs to verify DNA double-strand breaks and gene editing efficiencies.
- All-in-one lentiviral sgRNA constructs bioinformatically designed and validated to not target any gene in human, mouse or rat genomes.
Synthetic Guide RNA
- Guaranteed to edit your target! Algorithm-optimized crRNA for genome-wide coverage of human, mouse, or rat genes. Modifications for nuclease resistance improve DNA-free editing. Simply search for your gene!
- Offering coverage of the human and mouse genomes, these synthetic RNAs are modified for nuclease resistance and available as pools of four or individual crRNA reagents.
- Edit-R trans-activating CRISPR RNA (tracrRNA) is synthetic, HPLC-purified, long RNA required for use with Edit-R crRNA to form the complex that programs Cas9 nuclease. It is modified for nuclease resistance and can be used with modified or unmodified Edit-R crRNA.
- Custom synthetic 100-mer single guide RNA, input your own design or use our flexible design tools
- Species-specific crRNAs targeting well-characterized genes, as well as mismatch detection assay primers, to determine the effectiveness of your gene editing conditions for maximal efficiency.
- Non-targeting controls to evaluate cellular responses to CRISPR-Cas9 components in the absence of gene target-specific crRNA.
- Pooled or individual crRNA controls for assessment of optimal experimental conditions for gene activation.
- Non-targeting controls to evaluate cellular responses to CRISPRa components in the absence of gene target-specific crRNA.
- Pre-defined collections of popular gene families and pathways for high-throughput applications.
- Arrayed collections of synthetic CRISPR RNA for overexpression screening of gene families, druggable, and whole human genome.
- Have a favorite gene list? Customize and order plates of predesigned crRNA for knockout studies in your targets of interest.
Lentiviral Guide RNA
- Guaranteed to edit your target! Algorithm-optimized sgRNA for genome-wide coverage of human, mouse, or rat genes. Provided as high-titer lentiviral particles and glycerol stocks.
- Lentiviral particles or glycerol stocks of single guide RNA are predesigned for genome-wide coverage of human and mouse genes in an optimized vector backbone.
- Species-specific sgRNAs targeting well-characterized genes to determine the effectiveness of your gene editing conditions for maximal efficiency.
- Non-targeting controls to evaluate cellular responses to CRISPR-Cas9 components in the absence of gene target-specific sgRNA.
- High-titer pooled screening libraries for pre-defined gene sets in human and mouse.
- Arrayed collections of lentiviral sgRNA libraries for high-throughput knockout screening across entire human gene families.
- Control sgRNAs targeting well-characterized genes to determine the effectiveness of your experimental conditions for maximum activation.
- Non-targeting controls to evaluate cellular responses to CRISPRa components in the absence of target-specific sgRNA.
Vector-based Cas9 Nuclease
- Non-lentiviral vectors provided as endotoxin-free purified DNA for direct co-transfection with Edit-R synthetic crRNA and tracrRNA.
- Purified lentiviral particles or plasmid DNA for generation of stable Cas9 nuclease-expressing cell populations. Constitutive or inducible promoter options are available.
- Lentiviral particles, purified plasmid or mRNA that express nuclease-deactivated Cas9 fused to transcriptional activators. When complexed with a guide RNA will trigger an endogenous gene’s expression.
DNA-free Cas9 Nuclease
- Purified Cas9 mRNA for transient Cas9 Nuclease expression.
- Purified Cas9 protein ready to use for DNA-free nuclease expression.
Custom Guide RNA Design & Ordering Tools
- Place a custom guide RNA order, or design and order your own synthetic sgRNA, crRNA, or lentiviral sgRNA with our easy-to-use interface.
HDR Donor Template Design & Ordering Tools
- Design and order a single-strand DNA donor (≤ 150 nt) for insertion, deletion, or other alteration.
- Design and order a plasmid DNA donor kit for insertion of an mKate2 or EGFP fluorescent marker, or a custom insert
HDR Donor Template Kits
- Rapidly and easily assemble a plasmid donor for HDR
- Quickly and efficiently build a HDR donor plasmid
- PCR components for Edit-R Plasmid Donor Kits
- CRISPR-Cas9 systems can be used with custom RNA guides for several gene editing applications
- CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing with a synthetic 99-mer single guide RNA
- Development of an algorithm for functional knockout, not just cutting
- Rigorous alignment tools ensure high specificity of gene editing
- An inducible lentiviral Cas9 nuclease for increased experimental flexibility
- Considerations for successful HDR experimental design
- Considerations for successful HDR experimental design
- Learn the basics of tools and methods for successful endogenous gene expression with CRISPRa
100% of Edit-R predesigned guide RNA are guaranteed to edit!
Edit-R predesigned crRNA and lentiviral sgRNAs are guaranteed to edit your target, or we will replace it! No restrictions on Cas9 nuclease formats – if your Edit-R positive control works, so will your gene-specific guide RNA.
The Edit-R Predesigned Guide RNA Guarantee
We guarantee that EVERY predesigned Edit-R CRISPR-Cas9 crRNA, Edit-R lentiviral sgRNA and All-in-one Lentiviral sgRNAs (guide RNAs) will provide successful editing at the target site when delivered as described in the Edit-R Technical Manuals.
The Edit-R guide RNA guarantee is valid when used with any wild type S. pyogenes Cas9 nuclease, including mRNA, expression plasmid, protein, or stable Cas9 expression, and Edit-R crRNAs must be used with Edit-R tracrRNA for the guarantee to apply.
Analysis of editing of the treated cell population must be shown using a T7EI or Surveyor mismatch detection assay. If successful editing is not observed for a predesigned Edit-R guide RNA while an appropriate side-by-side Edit-R positive control is successful, a one-time replacement of a different predesigned Edit-R guide RNA of the same format and quantity will be provided at no cost.
A replacement will only be approved upon discussion with our Technical Support team.
Successful editing at the DNA level does not always lead to functional gene knockout; it is recommended to test multiple guide RNAs to determine the most effective guide RNA for knockout of your target gene.
This guarantee does not extend to any accompanying experimental costs, does not apply to guide RNAs ordered via the CRISPR Design Tool, and will not be extended to the replacement guide RNA.